About the role
The Multicultural Marketing Director is responsible for the development of program strategies to better serve and grow our multicultural segments (primarily AACM and Hispanic markets). He or she will work in close partnership with the brand leads as well as the Sales organization to understand the existing strategic and tactical brand initiatives, including historical and planned multicultural efforts, and analyze all efforts to develop an ultimate recommendation on how to evolve our multicultural presence in market. The director is also responsible to oversee that marketing and sales efforts across the organization are aligned and executed to drive maximum value and ROI.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- In partnership with our Strategic Insights & Analytics team, assess the key market opportunities for our brands.
- Educate the organization regarding market trends and the significant opportunities with the multicultural consumer.
- Develop BUSA channel strategy with regards to multicultural programming and collaborate with brands on the development of their multicultural brand strategies. Ensure that the Brand and Sales organizations are fully integrated towards the recommended plan and are aligned to execute flawlessly.
- Ensure alignment and consistency of national multicultural program execution and ensure locally created programs are on strategy.
- Work closely with Multi-cultural teams within our distributor partners to ensure flawless execution of programs.
- Provide guidance and support and review in-market programs and initiatives for relevance and effectiveness.
- Provide ongoing analysis regarding the success of Multicultural efforts, including the overall financial investment across BUSA, and provide ROI reporting to the organization.
- Share best practices occurring within BUSA across all relevant teams.
Creating a winning team
- Continually collaborate with the Marketing and Sales leadership teams to build a shared sense of purpose within the organization.
- Align all primos in the marketing function behind multi-cultural opportunities and create a passion for winning with Multi-cultural consumers within the organization.
Developing talent & capability
- Ensure key marketing capabilities are embedded or deployed as required.
- Ensure implementation of learning and development plans for everyone in your team.
Measures of success
- Ensuring multicultural insights and thinking are built into all relevant programs.
- Increasing effectiveness of multi-cultural account level execution by ensuring the right programs are executed in the right sub-channels and accounts in the most appropriate manner.
- Develop and deliver turn-key multicultural shopper platforms or custom solutions.
- Lead with insights and analytics to identify multicultural growth opportunities for key customers.
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Significant experience in Multi-Cultural Marketing, ideally with Spirits and/or Lifestyle brands.
- Direct experience in developing compelling through the line connections plans.
- Knowledge in the areas of: (a) Developing and executing brand strategies (b) Marketing principles and techniques (c) Marketing mix management (d) Management of creative and promotion process
- Sound understanding of sales and distribution and the 3-tier distribution system utilized in the alcohol industry;
- Strong analytic skills, including an ability to tell a story with data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to persuade and negotiate effectively and be an influencer where direct line reporting relationships do not exist
- Well developed negotiation and decision-making skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Culturally astute and able to understand unique aspects of marketing to groups with diverse needs and preferences
- Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity
- Stability of performance under pressure
- Understand when to shift from analysis to action; ability to drive action within a broad team
- Ability to recognize critical problems and opportunities
- 4 years at undergraduate (BS or BA); MBA (preferred);
- Proficient with computer applications
The following experiences are preferred:
- Drinks and Luxury Category experience is an advantage but not a necessity
- Experience in additional functions beyond the ones listed above
- 6-8 years Marketing experience, preferably in Brand Management.
- 3+ years expertise with Multicultural Marketing (specifically with the AACM/Hispanic markets)
- Ethical Practice: Advanced
- Insights for Action: Advanced
- Strategy and Brand: Master
- Commercial Activation: Advanced
- Brand Ideas and Connections: Advanced
- Agency Partnership : Master
Living our Values and demonstrating high Learning Agility will be fundamental not only for success in this role, but also for potential growth to other roles across Bacardi in the future. We have a clearly defined Leadership Excellence framework, and you will be expected, as a senior leader to be a role model of all 6 elements: Focus Externally to Win / Drive Execution & Results / Lead Strategically & Know your Business / Make the Matrix Work / Lead by Example / Develop and Inspire Talent
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.