About the role
The Finance Director is responsible for developing long term financial strategies for Bacardi Canada Inc., that are aligned both regionally and globally. This position is primarily accountable for the P&L and Balance Sheet, and ensuring that good quality planning, process and insights are built into all aspects of the Canadian business unit. The position reports directly into the General Manager, Canada and has matrix responsibility to the CFO, North America. This role oversees both the Finance and Commercial Analytics teams, and will be responsible for ongoing support and development of individuals that operate as true partners to our business.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Financial and Commercial Accountability
- Business Unit Leadership - As part of the Canadian Executive Team, ensures financial rigour and aptitude in all our business planning processes. Ensures the commercial and brand teams have all relevant financial information to make strategic decisions for brands and markets.
- Financial Planning & Analysis - Ensures FP&A team conducts regular processes in line with accounting principles and integrity in timely, financial summaries. Responsible for embedding generated insights into future business processes.
- Matrix Partner Accountability - ensures Matrix partners in Operations, Tax, and Shared Services are following Canadian guidelines for relevant areas to ensure quality and integrity in Financial Reporting
- Commercial Insights & Analytics - Ensures the insights and Analytics team has the financial aptitude and insights to ensure close alignment between commercial initiatives and business results
- Produce consolidated monthly projections against forecast, plan and prior periods.
- Analyse and interpret revenue, cost, margin, and ROI variances to identify performance drivers/ improvement opportunities.
- Assist in developing business cases for new brands/product and new suppliers and work with stakeholders to achieve approval across the matrix. Provide appropriate post activity audit on key projects.
- Keep abreast of accounting standard changes. Review and monitor operations in order to ensure compliance and track issues.
- Drive and lead finance transformation projects in respect to people, processes and systems.
Leadership, Talent Development accountability
- Develop and mentor direct reports, providing leadership and continuous coaching in order to ensure high performance behavior and results, while creating succession bench strength.
- Provide a professional and objective team with sufficient knowledge, skills and experience.
- Ensure implementation of learning and development plans and sustained learning for everyone in the team.
- Build and foster a solid business partnership with the country leaders across the business and with relevant internal and external customers in order to understand business requirements and maximize effective decision support.
Measures of success
as stated above
Critical experiences for success
- At least 5+ years experience of a commercial finance leadership role with a proven track record of successful delivery of results in a matrix organization, managing multiple stakeholders in a complex environment
- Completion of professional Accounting/Financial Designation
- Experience in leading multi-disciplined Finance teams as well as multi-function project teams
- Proven ability to steer the financial performance of a business unit.
- Process focused with an understanding of end to end business processes and their financial impacts
- Ability to effectively and quickly identify root cause issues and develop plans to resolve
- Skilled at organizing and prioritizing multiple projects and resource constraints to optimize results
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior leadership in order to influence and inform decision making
- Possess In depth knowledge of financial systems and implementing internal controls
- Ability to analyze financial information to understand the current situation and to determine strategic direction
- Proven experience of introducing and managing changes to finance systems, procedures and practices.
- Understanding of strong compliance & controls, and how to develop appropriate guidelines
- Strategic and operational experience across multiple function disciplines.
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.