About the role
You will help build and develop capabilities to drive sustainable revenue growth by creating best in class RGM practices that enable us to realise price, optimise our promotional investment and maximise the value we extract through our trade terms.
Your ability to combine a strategic business approach with a close level of attention to detail, while managing multiple projects and working seamlessly with stakeholders across the matrix will be key to success.
In addition to providing first class business partnering, the role will also involve supporting key projects or initiatives across both Commercial and Finance agendas.
This role is varied and, while based in the London office, a considerable percentage of time will be interacting with the local market teams as well as customers. As a result, you can expect travel from time to time to stay connected to all stakeholders.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Drive top line growth through pricing and sales mix optimization (increasing NSV/case), ensuring that profit margins are growing or appropriately maintained.
- Support annual pricing process including delivery of brand and customer specific guidelines through to key account negotiation planning. Work across the organization to agree appropriate pricing strategies for new products/ innovations.
- Ensure adherence to global minimum pricing guidelines and that appropriate measures are in place to minimize cases of parallel trade from GTR into the Domestic business.
- Play an integral role in the creation of promotional guidelines, monitoring of compliance to guidelines and evaluation of return on investment from promotional spend.
Shaping Commercial Strategy
- Help develop and implement the GTR trade terms framework to drive a strategic approach to customer investments and pricing. Define, develop and implement channel specific pricing strategies (e.g. Airline and Cruise), carefully balancing profitability and brand equity metrics to ensure that we are well placed to win in the right way.
- Recognize and adapt company and industry best practice in RGM. Build a strong internal network and stay abreast of competitor insight, to develop an awareness of relevant RGM tactics and how to apply them.
- Support the annual GTR Integrated Activity Planning process (IAP) providing input to help shape pricing strategy and identify specific RGM opportunities.
Influencing Decision Making
- Work hand in hand with Key Account Managers, developing a deep understanding of key customers to enable you to act as a true business advisor.
- Provide the Commercial team with the tools they need to drive the premium and differentiated GTR strategy; with a focus on price and optimized mix via a brand, market, customer and channel focus.
- Use fact-based analysis to influence and challenge decision making across the organization.
- Act as a mentor to the Junior RGM Analyst helping develop them in a well-rounded commercial advisor.
Measures of success
- Achieve Total Net Sales Value (NSV) and Gross Profit targets vs. budget. Achieve NSV and GP per case targets
- Drive continuous ROI improvement across promotional activities
- Support improved brand health through correct brand positioning across GTR regions through adherence to RGM guidelines
- Work with RGM Manager to ensure first class delivery of RGM agenda in GTR
Critical experiences for success
- Work Experience Requirements: 3-5 years of relevant experience in financial/strategic analysis. This can be gleaned from a leading management consultancy or professional services firm, or through domain experience in RGM/ analytical roles in a leading consumer goods or retail environment.
- Experience in the Spirits and/or overall beverage industry is an advantage but by no means a prerequisite.
- Educational requirements: Educated to degree level from a leading University, with strong results (2:1 or above).
- Professional qualifications such as Qualified accountant (ACA, CA or equivalent) or MBA are a distinct advantage.
- Language Skills: Fluent English
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Comfortable in the detail but also able to see the big picture
- Excellent team working skills - ability to build relationships
- Advanced Excel skills, including model building
- Good PowerPoint and Word skills
- Motivated to develop skill set and advance within the business
- Culturally sensitive and strong communicator
- Ability to commit to the Bacardi values
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.