About the role
The role will focus on supporting the Customer Business Manager for Booker primarily through leading the Convenience strategy across an account base of approximately 5,500 stores. The individual will be responsible for managing the Sell Plan activation across Premier, Budgens and Londis.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Customer Business Manager to grow the total Booker business in a sustainable manner. An ideal candidate will be looking to further develop their commercial experience within the Off Trade and possess the potential to progress.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
The successful candidate will be working directly with both internal and external contacts and will work with the Customer Business Manager to develop the mutual business agenda for Bacardi Brown Forman within Booker.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading the Convenience strategy and the supporting Sell Plan with Premier, Budgens and Londis
- Supporting the implementation of a Multiple Convenience Store strategy
- P&L management of BRP
- Evaluation of key promotional/brand activations
- Regularly report on the Convenience market dynamics with an action plan to respond
- Work in partnership with internal/external supply chain resource to build collaborative forecasts and ensure availability is maximised
- Internal and external core account administration including management of invoicing, account submission forms and internal promotional pricing admin
- Opportunity to expand P&L management when the candidate is more established in role
- Project work both within the Tesco Group but also across the wider Off Trade team
- Assist the Customer Business Manager in the day to day running of Booker with involvement in KVD management
Measures of success
as mentioned above
Critical experiences for success
- A minimum of 2 years commercial experience
- Strong influencing, negotiating ability and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of account management principles and processes
- Demonstrates ability to use data to create commercial arguments
- Ability to demonstrate strong networking and inter-personal skills
- Self-motivation, ambition and be keen to progress through the business into senior account roles and beyond in the future
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.