About the role
As a Senior Brand Manager you will be accountable for delivering Brand performance targets in your market, and driving value creation for our Company. You will serve as an extension of the Global Brand Team, leading all Brand management activities in the market. You will be responsible for planning, in alignment with your local Customer Marketing & Sales teams, and the execution of all consumer programs and assets to drive effective, local activation on your brand.
- You will support extending the Regional IAP into a robust market brand plan to deliver maximum impact in-market and deliver annual Brand financial and commercial targets.
- You will manage an A&P budget for your programs as assigned to you by the Brand Director / VP.
- You will lead the in-market delivery of consumer & trade facing Brand activities in partnership with Customer Marketing, as defined in the IAP, ensuring executional excellence.
This role is based in Miami and may require some travelling to meet with customers and third parties.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Consumer, shopper and customer understanding
- Partner with your Market Consumer & Commercial Insights team to build deep understanding of the target consumer, shopper and bartender for Grey Goose in your market in order to tailor local execution of Brand activities effectively.
- Actively consult on the situation assessment for the Brand in your market, partnering with Consumer & Commercial Insights to share local consumer, shopper, customer and bartender learnings on triggers and barriers to Brand growth.
Category & brand strategy and activity planning
- Provide input into the definition of "Jobs To Be Done" in the Integrated Activity Plan (IAP)
- Provide support to Brand Director on effective deployment of Brand program A&P by activity & channel in-market
Integrated brand communication
- Liases with global brand team in development of constellation programs & with local brand counterparts (PR/digital/etc..) to ensure they are executed TTL in the US.
- Liaises with customer marketing in the development and execution of on & off premise commercial & multicultural programming
- Leads planning and oversees execution of bartender advocacy in partnership with the Advocacy team
- Ensure that all brand assets developed in the market adhere to Global Brand guidelines and local social responsibility policies and regulations and always follow the Bacardi Marketing Way best practice
Business performance management
- Accountable for delivery of Brand performance targets in market (revenue, profitability, share, equity) as agreed with the local Finance team and Senior Management
- Work with brand counterparts to ensure measurement & evaluation (M&E) plan in place on all brand activities in your market
- Rigorously manage program A&P budgets in order to minimize costs and optimize returns on investment
- Actively monitor program KPIs and provide guidance on corrective action to achieve agreed objectives
Creating a winning team
- Actively support effective matrix working within market
- Directly coach and manage ABM
Developing talent & capability
- Participate in functional capability development as required
Measures of success
- Achieve Brand/ Category financial and commercial targets in market (revenue, profitability, share)
- Drive improved Brand health in market (e.g. awareness, penetration, engagement)
- Drive increased rate of sale
- Drive increased bartender share of recommendation
- Ensure adherence to global brand visual identity at all times
- Ensure measurement & evaluation plan in place on over 80% of Brand activity in market
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Brand management experience in progressive roles, leading different Marketing projects
- Experience in multiple specialty areas: commercial, digital, innovation, promotions, events, media, etc.
- Verbal/written skills at all levels in an organization; ability to generate meaningful presentations
- Degree and/or professional Marketing qualifications
- Fluent command in English
The following experiences are preferred:
- Drinks and Luxury Category experience is an advantage
- Experience in additional functions beyond the ones listed above
- Ability to work under pressure and to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to manage the matrix to drive results
- Comprehension of competitive market for brand and how to use available data to develop initiatives to grow the brand
- Remains abreast of legal regulations in the industry
- Experience marketing to a diverse group of consumers
- Ethical Practice : Experienced
- Insights for Action : Experienced
- Strategy and Brand : Experienced
- Commercial Activation : Experienced
- Brand Ideas and Connections : Experienced
- Agency Partnership : Experienced
Living our Values and demonstrating high Learning Agility will be fundamental not only for success in this role, but also for potential growth to other roles across Bacardi in the future. We have a clearly defined Leadership Excellence framework, and you will be expected to be a role model of all 6 elements: Focus Externally to Win / Drive Execution & Results / Lead Strategically & Know your Business / Make the Matrix Work / Lead by Example / Develop and Inspire Talent
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.