About the role
This high-profile role offers an exciting career opportunity within the rapidly accelerating Bacardi Martini Limited ecommerce business. As the Senior UK Ecommerce Manager, you will be responsible for managing the sales strategy and achieving revenue/profit objectives for the Amazon and the overall UK pureplay team.
This role will be instrumental in driving Bacardi's ecommerce strategy and you will have accountability for full Amazon & pureplay retailers P&L across the entire portfolio for one of our fastest growing accounts, working closely with the Global Ecommerce Finance Director and Global Amazon lead. The Senior UK Ecommerce Manager will leverage their position to gain a full understanding of the customers' needs (including ongoing strategic business analysis), anticipate changes in the business environment and establish Bacardi brands as a leader in the eyes of the e-retailers and the end consumer. This also involves influencing senior stakeholders, and liaising cross functionally/regionally to deliver growth objectives and manage the negotiations of commercial terms and JBP.
The Senior Ecommerce Manager will oversee ecommerce capability efforts in the market, ensuring that Bacardi maintains its position as a thought leader, and support the junior ecommerce manager in delivering those efforts. Given the nature of Pureplay retailers, the role will require dynamic, out of the box, thinking and quick action to maximise and monitor both long- and short-term opportunities (Volume, NSV, GP and Trade/Media Investment, as well as Market Share and Sales Growth).
This is a truly exciting role, offering a unique opportunity to manage the ecommerce efforts for the UK within the constantly evolving digital environment and requires a passionate individual with a winning mind-set. This channel is pivotal to winning where the shoppers are and to fulfilling Bacardi's overall corporate strategy.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute a comprehensive sales and marketing strategy for Amazon & pureplay retailers by working directly with cross-functional teams to achieve sales goals and margins
- Accountability for negotiating annual terms and JBP planning ensuring a long-term sustainable investment and growth model (working closely with Global Ecommerce Finance Director)
- Management of the P&L ensuring YoY improvements in revenue and gross profit across all brands (working closely with Global Ecommerce Finance Director)
- Establish and cultivate a valued partner relationship with Amazon & pureplayers
- Accountable for pricing strategy to ensure consistent and sustainable growth on Amazon & pureplayers
- Work cross-functionally to manage trade investment and A&P budgets
- Define and develop annual plan to meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume
Ecommerce Business Development
- Represent ecommerce in relevant internal and external meetings
- Oversee ecommerce capability programs
- Identify, quantify and develop growth opportunities and communicate findings to the management team
- Facilitate the building of strong top-to-top relationships with key customer executives
- Ensure alignment and integration of ecommerce in to the customer marketing teams
- Support and coach Junior ecommerce manager and wider ecommerce business
Measures of success
Critical experiences for success
Work Experience and Functional Competencies required:
- 5 + years of direct selling, managing, planning & marketing experience with Pureplay retailers
- Experience working with Amazon is essential
- Strong analytical skills
- Passion for achievement; integrity and drive with a strong desire to make things happen
- Demonstrate financial and commercial acumen and strategic thinking
- Extensive experience in P&L management and developing new accounts
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strategic account planning ability through JBP negotiations
- Confident and capable of operating at all levels & good team player
- Strong inter-functional leadership skills and an ability to manage and educate upwards the senior management team
- High level of intellect with a "roll-up-your-sleeves" mentality
- Planning and Organising
- Communications skills
- Highly Commercial
- Strategic thinker
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.