About the role
In this role you will be accountable to tailor the Regional LAC and CARICAM Marketing programs and execute them in Dominican Republic. Your ability to manage multiple projects at any given time will be key, as will be your comfort in working seamlessly within the matrix, in particular with the Distributor Manager in Dominican Republic, the Marketing team in CARICAM and the Regional Brand Marketing teams.
- You will build best in class marketing and commercial capabilities at a Country level that will enable us to win in the marketplace.
- Actively participate in Sales and Operation Planning (S&OP) process and provide input on the brand portfolio in Dominican Republic.
- The position should focus on Sell Out and Brand Builiing. You will align with Commercial teams on the "Where to Play" and "How to Win" brand/channel strategies and plans
- Design local IAP process to ensure the effective commecialization and execution of our strategic plans. You will also ensure that the Hub team understand local needs for Activity materials - both level of detail and timing required to ensure full customer support
- Implement strategies to drive sustainable NSV/case growth by leading execution of best in class RGM practices that enables us to Set, Get and Keep price as well as to optimize mix .
In this role, you will primarily be based in the Local office in Santo Domingo where you will be working with multifunctional team colleagues. However, you will be part of the broader Marketing Community across the Hub and as such there will be some travel to other markets the purposes of inspiration, input and alignment.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Drive results & excellence in execution
- Deliver on key Country financial targets (NSV, NSV per case, gross profit, gross profit per case and earnings from operastions) versus budget.
- Apply the Category Growth framework that embeds an occasion based approach which informs the "Where to Play" strategy and the "How to Win" execution through the IAP process.
- Lead the Country IAP process influencing our strategic plans and ensuring your market has the assets and tools to win in the market place.
- Work together with the sales channel responsibles and the Distributor Manager to drive profitability and deploy an effective Integrated Activity Planning (IAP) process that is converted into winning value propositions.
- Laser focus on Sell Out and Brand Building
- Grant an effective allocation of resources and ROI maximization.
- Build the capabilities to drive sustainable NSV/case growth by embedding the brands frameworks and processes that will enable us to set, get and keep price as a key enabler to increase NSV.
- Launch and support development for innovations and make improvements to new ideas, techniques, procedures, services, or products
Develop talent and capability
- Build a learning organization by creating a "share and reapply" culture that systematically identifies and rolls-out best practices and creates synergies.
- Work with the organization to build capabilities and sustain ways of working
- Ensure implementation of learning and development plans, and a sustained learning approach for everyone in your team
Create a winning team
- Build a sense of community across your Marketing team and the Distributor team.
- Set an inspiring vision and align the team behind challenging targets while creating a passion for winning
- Create a culture of excellence in execution that recognizes and rewards high performance
- Ensure all employees have a knowledge of Bacardi company history and culture
Measures of success
- Performance: Achieve Country Net Sales Value (NSV), NSV per case, and Earnings from Operations targets vs. budget
- Value share: Deliver target value share growth
- IAP scorecard: Deliver IAP targets in your Market, ensuring customer timelines are met. Allocate investment in the most effective and efficient ways.
- Strategy: Full participation in the development, delivery, and ownership of the Country Marketing Strategy
- Employee Engagement: Achieve sustained improvement in engagement and enablement
- M&E: Set controlled mechanisms to measure and evaluate initiatives.
- Talent: Deliver against talent management objectives
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- 5+ years experience in Marketing (e.g. Purchaser/Shopper Marketing, Category Management Sales and Channel Strategy)
- Experience in fast moving consumer goods (FMCG)
- Commercial skills gained through hands on Commercial roles
- Experience in roles related to understanding customer and channel dynamics
- University Degree in Marketing, Administration or related fields
- Proficiency in both English en Spanish language skills
The following experiences are preferred:
- Sales / Marketing experience
- Experience within one or more companies that have an established reputation for category managment excellence
- Experience in the Spirits and/or overall beverage Industry is a distinct advantage
- MBA or Master degree in Marketing or related fields
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.