About the role
In this role you will be accountable for creating value through driving revenue and developing strategic relationships with key customers in Spain. You will create the legacy of Bacardi and drive key decisions that will significantly affect Bacardi's presence in Spain´s On Trade Business.
- You will be responsible to deliver key revenue targets as determined by the Country´s financial team.
- You will develop, and maintain, effective and strategic relationships with Key Customers and influence the positioning of Bacardi brands in the Country.
- You will be accountable for the implementation of Integrated Activity Plan (IAP) agreed for the On Trade Key Accounts.
- You will use Bacardi´s Picture of Success guidelines to set up strategic agreements with the main National On Trade Groups, Food Service chains and other strategic Business to Business partnerships.
- You will identify opportunities and guide the development and execution of strategies to maximize Bacardi's performance in Key Customers in the Country, achieving both volume and value creation
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Deliver results & excellence in execution
- Deliver on key revenue targets (NSV, Gross Margin, Overheads, Profitability, ROI, Value Share)
- Deliver impact from channel and shopper marketing programs agreed in the channel´s IAP
- Understand customer strategy and how to leverage the Bacardi value proposition to grow mutual business
- You will be accountable for annual agreement negotiations in Key Customers
- Optimize promotional plans through the year through implementation of the ROI strategy and goals
- Input into the shaping of the channel & portfolio strategy of the Country
- Input into the country IAP process to ensure local channel and customer needs are captured
- Build effective long-term relationships with Key Customers
- Provide accurate demand forecasting to Supply Chain teams or to Hub Sales Performance and Planning team
- Relentlessly drive a pay for performance based approach with Customers
- Amplify and accelerate Bacardi´s Premium Portfolio Distribution through strategic partnership´s with the main National On Trade Groups, Food Service chains and other strategic Business to Business partnerships.
- Optimize Visibility Budget though a consistent system of partnership agreements quality and performance evaluation
- Partner-up with local sales team, advocacy, CPA and Marketing to ensure that we have the correct tools and to ensure the correct and effective implementation of all agreements and activations
- Implement effective KPI´s and coordinate Winche´s Telemarketing Operation to ensure we optimize all commercial efforts, including amplification of customer base, product distribution, price control and cash collection
Develop talent and capability
- Implement standardized Commercial best practices
- Help to build a winning mindset withing the team and channel´s main stake holder´s
- Demonstrate market knowledge in category, shopper and channel insights; serve as an advisor to Customers to drive mutual growth
- Respect Bacardi´s values and pursue and drive innovation within Bacardi´s team and throughout Bacardi´s relationships with it´s Customers
Measures of success
- Performance: Achieve financial targets(revenue, profitability) vs. budget for Key Customers in the country;
- Value share: Drive Value share growth of key Bacardi brands in National On Trade Groups and Food Service chains
- Commercial scorecard: Achieve goals defined in Commercial Scorecard and Channel´s Action Plan
- Customer: Achieve target customer satisfaction measures
- Strategy: Participate fully in the development, delivery, and ownership of the On Trade Key Account Commercial Strategy
- Employee engagement: Drive sustained improvement in engagement and enablement
- Talent: Deliver against talent management objectives
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Accountable, flexible and needs perform well under pressure and adversities
- Excellent commercial and communication skills
- Strong track record of delivery with Customers
- Strong negotiation skills
- First hand field sales experience
- Working knowledge of sales effectiveness tools processes and category management
- Demonstrable track record of performance in Commercial /CPA
- Proficiency in English language skills
- Fluency in Country's most spoken languages - Spanish
- Sense of ownership, teamwork spirit and focus in objectives
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.