About the role
As the Insights Director - REBEL BRANDS (William Lawson's, Eristoff and Get), you will be accountable for delivering the Consumer Insights agenda in order to drive more effective marketing and activity planning, support asset creation and ultimately to deliver value creation for the company. You will be accountable for the agreed research plan and delivering insights to the Brand Leadership Team that will shape decisions relating to areas such as brand strategy, asset creation, and activity development. Your ability to manage multiple projects at any given time, and influence and coach a diverse team will be key, as will be your comfort in working seamlessly within the matrix.
- You will partner closely with the Brand VP and Lead Marketing Directors to ensure that Consumer and Market insights are applied effectively to all key Marketing decisions to optimize our asset creation, activity development and execution in-market for the brand.
- Working closely with the Brand Leadership Team, you will identify the research needs and plans for the brand in the Lead Regions and shape the research solutions and insights needed to drive growth for the brand around the world.
- You will partner closely with the Brand VP to support the Brand Innovation agenda and identify new, relevant opportunities for the brand.
- You will ensure that research learning and identified consumer insights about the brand from all markets are shared and leveraged across the organization.
- You will model and inspire Insight teams in the Lead Regions to act as strategic thought partners to the business and marketing to ensure the objective voice of the consumer and purchaser is considered in every business discussion and decision.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Consumer, shopper and customer understanding
- Accountable for driving Brand Consumer Insight agenda, building extensive understanding of M&E for the brand across all markets in order to drive more effective Marketing planning
- Identify research needs and plans for the brand in close collaboration with the Brand VP and Marketing Directors, shape research solutions needed and lead the delivery of research programs and activity to provide the brand with critical consumer insight
- Partners closely with local Insights partners to support the Local Market Insights agenda and identify consumer, shopper or customer opportunities to be addressed through commercial activation
- Provide input into priorities, budget and annual research plan for Global consumer understanding
Category & brand strategy and activity planning
- Leads, in partnership with the Brand Leadership Team, a robust situation assessment for the Brands in all major markets as input into the annual integrated activity planning process
- Leads, in partnership with the Brand Leadership Team, an annual review of the Situation Assessment and Brand Positioning Framework.
Integrated brand communication
- Defines, in partnership with Brand VP the design of the Brand annual research plan to support the refinement of global brand assets, such as advertising and packaging
- Ensures that the consumer and customer programs and assets are informed by the most current and relevant Customer and Commercial Insights
Business performance management
- Owns the relationship with research suppliers for brand-specific projects
- Accountable for managing brand research spend to deliver targeted savings and overseeing an efficient research budget
Creating a winning team
- Orchestrates effective matrix working within and between Insight and Marketing teams
- Works to build a shared sense of purpose among all Insights team
- Recognizes accomplishments and behaviors in a timely manner
- Ensures all employees have a knowledge of Bacardi history and culture
Developing talent & capability
- Ensures effective rollout of the Situation Assessment module as part of the Bacardi Way of Growth.
- Ensures that the resources and assets needed to deliver desired results are provided to the Insights teams
- Have knowledge and mastery of brand heritage and intrinsics
- Mastery facilitation and of the language and tools of Bacardi Way of Growth.
Role to Identify, develop, and make improvements to new ideas, techniques, procedures, services, or products = Modify - adapt or enhance quality or value
Measures of success
- Drive improved brand health on the brand in focus markets (e.g. brand awareness, penetration, engagement)
- Ensure development of brand assets (advertising, packaging) that meet or exceed agreed benchmarks
- Measurement and evaluation plan in place on >70% of brand A&P investment across markets
- Drive sustained improvement in engagement & enablement, as measured in our Primos Engagement Survey
- Deliver against talent management activities as measured (via Talent Scorecard)
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Experience in consumer insight and market research, ideally working on consumer brands targeted at millennials
- Experience conducting research projects
- Experience in a wide variety of quantitative and qualitative research methods and ability to apply them appropriately to business issues; highly skilled in the synthesis of data and understanding from multiple data sources in order to distill it down into tangible and meaningful insight
- A strong grasp of digital marketing
- Fluent command of English
The following experiences are preferred:
- Drinks and/or Lifestyle brand experience is an advantage
- Experience of working in multiple markets
- Ethical Practice : Advanced
- Insights for Action : Master
- Strategy and Brand : Advanced
- Commercial Activation : Advanced
- Brand Ideas and Connections : Advanced
- Agency Partnership : Master
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.