About the role
This high-profile role offers an exciting career opportunity within the rapidly accelerating Bacardi Ecommerce business. As the Ecommerce Key Account Manager (Pureplay) you will be responsible for leading the sales strategy and achieving revenue/profit objectives for Amazon and online Specialist retailers.
This role will be instrumental in driving Bacardi's Ecommerce strategy and you will have full P&L responsibility across the entire portfolio for one of our fastest growing accounts. The Ecommerce Key Account Manager will leverage their position to gain:
- a full understanding of the market situation and the customer's needs
- anticipate changes in the business environment, track new opportunities. Support or imagine new and disruptive business models to remove main spirit consumer hurdles.
- establish Bacardi brands as a leader in the eyes of the retail customer and end consumer.
Given the nature of Pureplay retailers, the role will require dynamic thinking and quick action to maximise and monitor both long- and short-term opportunities:
- on financial aspect: Volume, Revenue, Profitability and Trade/Media Investment, as well as Market Share and Sales Growth. You will lead the annual customer terms negotiations and Join Business Plan planning and track progress throughout the year.
- on brand and consumer value
In this role, you will look to improve customer profitability through mix management, brand strategy deployment, onsite merchandising and promotional effectiveness - and share your learnings with the global Ecommerce organization. You will work closely across different levels of the organization to identify and develop Ecommerce opportunities, including the Brand teams, Customer Marketing, Sales, and Supply Chain interactions.
This is a truly exciting role, offering a unique opportunity to broaden commercial sales experience within the constantly evolving digital environment and requires a passionate individual with a winning mind-set. This customer is pivotal to winning where the shoppers are, and accelerating Bacardi's sales growth.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and implement key customer strategies to attain sales revenue targets and achieve company goals. This strategic plan needs to integrate local specifies and impacts.
- Responsibility for negotiating annual terms and Join Business Plan planning ensuring a long-term sustainable investment and growth model
- Full management of the P&L ensuring YoY improvements in revenue and gross profit across all brands
- Work cross-functionally
- With different area's / department teams: local sales team, EUR, logistics...
- to manage trade investment and Advertising and Promo budgets
- Identify, quantify and develop growth opportunities and communicate findings to the management team.
- Suggest or support new business models to address the evolving consumer needs.
- Act as the Ecommerce expert for the region and help build broad organizational ecommerce expertise
- Further develop existing customer relationships through fact-based industry and category insights both at higher category level as well as using retailer specific data
- Facilitate the building of strong top-to-top relationships with key customer executives
- Ensure alignment and integration of ecommerce in to the customer marketing teams
Measures of success
Measures of Success
Critical experiences for success
Work Experience and Functional Competencies required:
- 5 + years of direct selling, managing, planning & marketing experience with Pureplay retailers
- Experience working with Amazon is essential
- Ability to determine current and future Ecommerce trends, having an emphasis on planning, forecasting, building Ecommerce and internal specific programs
- Passion for achievement & problem-solving attitude; integrity and drive with a strong desire to make things happen. Creativity and 'think out of the box' mindset is key to perform in this role.
- Demonstrate financial and commercial acumen and strategic thinking
- Extensive experience in P&L management and developing new accounts
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strategic account planning ability through Join Business Plan negotiations
- Strong analytical skills (specifically able to identify trends, opportunities & business insights within the E-Commerce industry)
- Confident and capable of operating at all levels & good team player
- Strong inter-functional leadership skills and an ability to manage and educate upwards the senior management team
- High level of intellect with a "roll-up-your-sleeves" mentality
- Proficient in Internet navigation, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Planning and Organising
- Communications skills
- Highly Commercial
- Strategic thinker
- Capacity to align several different groups of internal stakeholders.
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.