About the role
The position of UK Brand Homes General Manager is a senior role overseeing both Visitor Centres (Bombay Sapphire Distillery and Dewar's Aberfeldy Distillery) in the UK, leading the onsite teams to develop and maintain operational excellence and grow the branded offering to both the general public and internal/influencers (advocacy) across the UK distilleries.
The UK Brand Homes General Manager is responsible for the commercial development and business growth across both sites open to the public, developing and implementing new revenue streams and maximising profitability.
This role is also responsible for developing the long term strategic plans of brand homes within the UK including capex plans and wider commercial development as well as overseeing the implementation of global brand homes projects within the UK.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
· Responsible for leading the onsite operational teams to ensure excellence in all operational areas including: customer service, experience, engagement, site appearance/maintenance, quality of offering, safety/compliance.
· Ensure that UK brand homes are maintaining the highest possible standards - to a quality befitting the brand standards.
· Foster a culture of excellence in customer experience and hospitality including setting, training, monitoring, and evaluation of standards.
· Maintain a strong TripAdvisor 4.5 score - and monitor all feedback from review systems (Facebook/Google etc).
· Share best practice across sites to ensure best in class experiences for all visitors, employees and other stakeholders.
· Support operational development at both sites, leading the Visitor Centre Operations Managers to increase operational efficiency and quality of offering.
· Understand and incorporate leading edge technologies as part of the experience.
2. Leadership & Management
- Lead the teams at both sites to deliver an engaging visitor experience based on an understanding of the key audiences that visit now and in the future.
- Lead, motivate and drive the Brand Home teams in the UK, making sure that the team works closely with Production and Brand teams.
- Ensure business expectations of staff are clear, with clear reporting lines and open communication between all.
- Encourage the personal development of staff and ensure staff training needs are identified and provided for.
· Provide coaching, mentoring and leadership of direct reports, including the site Operations Managers.
3. Vision & Strategy
· Implement the Global Brand Homes strategy within the UK as agreed with the Brand Homes Director.
· Lead the UK roll out of specific global brand homes projects (CRM, Admit One, reporting, e-commerce, third part ticket sales etc)
· In conjunction with the global brand team and Brand Homes Director, develop and implement the site strategy, 3-5 year development plans, and vision for the individual UK sites, including Capex developments.
· Create relevant business cases, ROI models and justification documents in relation to capex requests.
· Manage Capex development projects - on time and on budget and within all legal and internal compliance.
4. Brand / Advocacy
- Work with the Global brand team to activate brand messaging on site at each of the brand homes through 'brand life' experiences for paying guests and influencers/invited guests.
· Develop the wider P&L and ongoing brand / visitor relationship through CRM and creating meaningful relationships with our visitors. Use data to provide brand feedback - innovation and messaging.
- Champion and promote internally the use of brand homes as brand assets, maximising internal promotion and facilitating the use of brand homes - both as a physical asset (through advocacy / internal visitation) and for creating visual assets for global use (filming, photography etc).
· Provide quarterly updates to the Global brand teams (as required) on development, performance, KPIs and visitor demographic.
5. Commercial / Business Development
· Strategically drive marketing and sales within the UK brand homes to maximise footfall and admissions associated revenue streams.
· Oversee the creation of site marketing strategy to ensure all relevant visitor types are appropriately targeted and maximised.
· Drive group visits (within the scope of the site) and ensure UK brand homes are represented at appropriate trade fairs, expos etc
· Develop partnerships, both site local and national including promotional partnerships, third party sales, online etc.
· Look for new opportunities to expand the bottom line - maximising all revenue streams including retail/brand goods, F&B, events etc.
· Develop the online presence of UK brand homes, through web sales, e-commerce, social media.
· Drive the site Sales/Marketing Managers to develop proactive commercial relationships with local hotels and tourism partners.
· Ensure the brand homes are part of their local community, overseeing the site team to ensure a strategic, mutually beneficial approach to leverage opportunities.
· Understand and promote to the UK brand homes team the relationship between driving revenue and creating brand equity.
6. Financial Management
- Overall financial responsibility / accountability for site budgets / P&L - creating budgets and driving the implementation onsite. Monitoring performance and leading corrective measures as required.
· Responsible for coordination of business reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Responsible for the implementation of effective cost control measures to ensure the maximum profitability from all sources of income - shop, events, ticket sales, F&B etc.
- Deliver budget reviews & communicate programmes on increasing revenue to the team.
7. Compliance & Protection
- Lead the Operations Manager on site to ensure that the Visitor Centre complies with all corporate governance and EHS licensing legislation.
- Ensure the visitor centres operates within internal Bacardi guidelines and H & S systems/protocol.
· Any other duty reasonable requested.
Measures of success
Measures of success
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in the role
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.