About the role
As Senior Manager, IT Services, you are responsible for developing and delivering one End-to-End Service in your area of responsibility. A service, defined as a grouping of individual solutions, usually relates to a business capability and ignores distinctions between infrastructure and applications.
As analogy to the marketing function, Service Managers are the equivalent of Brand Managers. A service is focused on a distinct promise (WHAT), delivered (HOW) to a specific audience (WHO).
In this role, you have ownership on Cost and Value of your Service, service health (User satisfaction) and initiative portfolio to deliver the KPIs and the vision. You are accountable for designing, building and enhancing the service, as well as for service delivery and support.
You will deal with strategy and portfolio management, service roadmap, innovation and initiative pipeline, you will prioritize initiatives, manage communication and also negociations with partners and vendors.
You will work with business unit or functional leadership to understand the business outcomes of the service,but also with architects, and external service providers to understand the underlying technologies.
You will own the tracking of the service KPIs (service usage, adoption, cost, value) to drive ongoing improvements in the service delivery performance, maximize the value of the service, but also to guide key decisions on service governance.
As the Master Data & Innovation Service Manager, you are the global End-to-End owner of defining, delivering and supporting the Master Data and Product Lifecycle Management Solutions working in close collaboration with Business Owners and other stakeholders. The role is Accountable for the full lifecycle management of company master data assets for all critical domains, from initial creation through final elimination, in order to improve and maintain timeliness and quality of corporate master data. Recognized as an expert when representing master data initiatives to others within the company. Guide company employees to ensure the continuous improvement of business results through the implementation, ongoing use and management of standardized Master Data Governance processes, tools and accountabilities.
The candidate is joining the Global Master Data Team, with different Business Process Leads and Solution Managers already in place, and is expected to own aspects of IT Strategy, Program Management, Business Partner Management, Solution Management and ensuring successful operations of solutions within the Master Data and Product Lifecycle Management scope.
Master Data Management for Bacardi is managed through a Global Master Data Team who are responsible for all aspects of Data Governance including data quality and data operations.
Background & scope:
- Bacardi implemented Global solutions for managing Master Data and Enterprise Referential Data such as hierarchies.
- The Global solutions enables Bacardi to govern critical Master Data such as Customer, Vendor, Material, Product Bill of Material, Profit Center, Cost Center, General Ledger, Hierarchies and Intercompany Pricing.
- The technology in use: SAP MDG for data maintenance, SAP Cloud Platform for Product Innovation, niche applications for packaging and liquid development, packaging artwork and data & process quality monitoring.
- The Global Master Data team is aligned by region and critical object. The operations for day-to-day maintenance transactions are managed by the IT Master Data Operations Lead.
- Support data needs for business changes is on-going eg SAP Implementations, Route to Market changes, Acquisitions, Enterprise system roll-out such as global CRM.
As Service Manager, you are expected to develop and deliver the strategies, roadmap, projects and communication plans to maximize value, adoption and satisfaction of the solution(s). Expected activities where the successful candidate will participate, or own, include:
- Lead the development of data definitions, business rules and processes that support and enforce data quality standards. Establish procedures for the creation, collection, maintenance, consumption and elimination (purging) of the data.
- Promote good master data practices by: (1) driving consistency in data structures for a given domain, (2) defining data standards (elements, definitions, naming conventions, data structure requirements, etcetera) for master data objects within the domain, including business rules, definitions and clearly defined ranges of acceptable values for the critical attributes, and (3) leveraging the data standards and rules to passively or actively manage data quality across master data objects within the assigned domain.
- Coordinate opportunities to improve data quality as well as resolving data issues within the assigned domain.
- Coordinate functional and IT personnel, taking a lead role in the analysis, research, and resolution of master data issues specific to the assigned domain. Identify root causes of data quality problems within their assigned area of stewardship and identifies sustainable solutions. Identify and deliver on opportunities to improve data quality, policies, processes and ownership. Develop and perform independent data quality analyses relevant to their assigned area of stewardship,
- Ensure data communities are active and drives implementation of best practice and delivers continuous improvement.
- Continue personal professional development in the areas of business, leadership, project management, data analytics, data management, SAP and other relevant information technology tools. Continue to expand knowledge of Bacardi's business with a focus on understanding the impact master data has on internal operations. Cross-train on business software applications used at the company, with an emphasis on maintaining knowledge of SAP S4HANA ERP and any successor software.
- Travel (which will include overnights) as required to company sites, suppliers and training sites.
With the Domain Owners, Solution Managers and Project Managers, you own the design, build, and delivery of the solution(s), for initial implementations as well as on going enhancements requests, with scope and priorities aligned with the business. From a support standpoint, you own incident management for your solution with the IT Operations team.
Through business partners, you are in touch with the markets, working closely with the Business Process Owners (BPOs) and Business process Leaders (BPLs), to identify and understand specific needs.
In this position, you will report to the Director Level and become part of the Extended IT Leadership Team.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Strategy development, initiatives planning and portfolio management for your service
Develop the strategy for your service, hand in hand with client managers and in alignment with global IT strategy
Develop annual IT service delivery plan and align expectations with business partners, together with client managers, whenever needed. Shape projects/programs critical to deliver the vision
Lead innovation and initiative pipeline, prioritize the work
Plan, Build and Run solutions that will meet the service long term strategy
Understand the impact of new technologies for your services and adapt the technology plan and architecture roadmap of the service accordingly
Effectively manage and strengthen vendor relationships to align vendor products and services with enterprise strategy and IT service objectives
Impeccable on-going management of your service
Review business requests for service enhancements, as well as IT service changes requests for cost, standards enforcement - then prioritize the work, in line with the service strategy
Guides continuous improvement efforts for the service, develop business cases, understand your users
Manage your Service/Solutions resources across the IT programs and projects
Ensures the support of existing applications, solutions, systems through the adequate support center
Governs IT security, compliance and IT audits for your service
Be able to manage crisis and use problem solving methodologies whenever needed
Formulate, negociate and maintain SLA (Service Level Agreement) for your service
Measure and communicate key performance metrics for your service(s)- analyze data to discover opportunities for service improvement
Communicate at relevant frequence key metrics on your service
Participate into budget management
Understand Cost and value of your Service
Provide your input into the IT budget construction, especially on programs/project in your arena, as well as on the running cost for your Service support operations
Business and IT organization engagement on your service
Manage communication and alignment with stakeholders (build strong relationship outside IT)
Create excellent relationships within the other IT organizations
Act as a consultant/expert to other IT services as needed
Towards business management, be the escalation point for performance issues/outages
Develop your network, internally and externally and leverage it
Create lasting beneficial relationships with strategic external partners
Be an IT inspiring leader
Manage the resources in your team, be able to motivate them, inspire and guide them behind your goals
Coach, mentor, provide constructive feedback and develop the IT organization around you
Both Internal and External Parties
Level of Communication:
Influence (effect change)
Innovation: Identify, develop, and make improvements to new ideas, techniques, procedures, services, or products
Modify - adapt or enhance quality or value
Measures of success
- Strategies and programs defined and aligned
- Projects delivered on Time, Cost, Scope, with Quality
- Client satisfaction
- User satisfaction
- Business value created
- Solution support