About the role
As the Sales Supervisor for Dominican Republic, you will be accountable for creating value through driving sales and developing strong relationship with key customers in your dedicated area. You will create the legacy of Bacardi and drive the company's presence and growth in the Country. Your will be involved in decision making with an impact to the business. Commercial knowledge, ability to develop strategic relationships with multiple cultures and distributors will be key to your success in this role.
- You will be responsible to deliver key revenue and Commercial targets for your area as determined by the financial plan.
- You are an important face of Bacardi towards Customers in your dedicated area in Central America. You will act as the lead contact for these customers and are responsible for maintaining effective relationships with them.
- You will be responsible to execute the sales strategies for the On Trade Channel in Dominican Republic for the full portfolio.
- You will participate in the development of the the Integrated Activity Plan (IAP) with Marketing in order to assure alignment within the commercial and marketing teams.
- You will deliver Bacardi Commercial Way assets (e.g. Picture of Success) and approach with excellence to activate our brands to influence consumers at the point of purchase with our distributors
- You will coordinate directly with Managers in CariCam to drive implementation of Commercial best practices.
- You will be accountable for optimizing the return on investment and more efficient route to markets
This role is varied and while based in the Santo Domingo office and a percentage of your time will be interacting with the local sales team, as well as key Customers there might be less frequent interaction other parties in the CARICAM cluster.
The role will demand extended work schedules including holidays and attending to customers/events at night depending on business needs.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Deliver results and excellence in execution
- Deliver on key financial targets (NSV, Gross Margin, Overheads, Profitability, ROI, Value Share)
- Deliver on Pictures of Success(PoS) targets for your area in partnership with aproximatelly in aprox. distributors to deliver excellence in execution.
- Develop and manage the sales plan for your area based on delivery of Commercial priorities and the Integrated Activity Plan (IAP)
- Manage territory / channel / account performance on a quarterly basis, working with aprox. Distributors to ensure delivery of forecast and budget (volume / value / execution) in line with Bacardi Scorecard
- Develop the On Trade channel including negotiations with several key customers
- Deliver impact from customer and purchaser programs agreed in the IAP, managing resources and capacity against KPIs and territory targets
- Build and maintain effective long-term relationships with customers, and key distributor
- Provide input to the Commercial and Marketing leadership team in Dominican Republic on key On Trade channel customers and competitive activity
- Differentiate service levels by outlet, maximizing the effectiveness and efficiency of the field sales team
- Communicate effectively with customers to seek inputs for product and service improvement and resolve issues
- Manage price plans, discount plans and budgets
Develop talent and capability
- Implement learning and development plans for your distribuitors based on Commercial Excellence approach
- Implement standardized Commercial best practices
- Input into decisions related to key people in your team
- Connect resources and capabilities (e.g. Revenue Growth Management (RGM), Point of Sale (POS), research, selling support materials) to support local business objectives
Create a winning team
- Work with the Distributor and Marketing Managers in CariCam to build a shared sense of purpose among your sales teams
- Align all employees behind the targets and create a passion for winning in the organization
- Recognize accomplishments and behaviors in a timely manner
- Ensure all employees have a knowledge of Bacardi history and culture
Measures of success
Performance: Achieve financial targets(revenue, profitability) vs. budget; Achieve Pictures of Success targets
Value share: Drive value share growth of key Bacardi brands in Key Accounts
Commercial scorecard: Achieve goals defined in Commercial Scorecard and Country Capability Action Plan
Customer: Achieve target customer satisfaction measures
Employee engagement: Drive sustained improvement in engagement and enablement
Talent: Deliver against talent management objectives
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Experience in field sales in a leading Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) company
- 2 to 4 years of experience working in the On Trade Channel in Dominican Republic
- University degree in Marketing, Business Administration
- Strong customer focus
- Demonstrable track record of performance and delivery of results
- Strong communication and negation skills
- Interpret market data analysis tools (e.g. Nielsen, IWSR and similar)
- Proficiency in English language skills
The following experiences are preferred:
- Experience in the Spirits and/or Beverage Industry is a distinct advantage
- Post graduate or Master degree in Marketing or commercial related fields
- Experience in additional functions beyond the ones listed above
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.