About the role
As Sales Decision Support, you will be accountable for providing consistent and strategic financial performance analysis and business partner support to the Commercial Team (Sales Leadership, Revenue Growth Management (RGM)) and the relevant Regional Commercial Teams, thus driving a culture of performance across the business. You will be an integral member of the Finance team within the Country and play a key role in supporting business decisions through the optimization of brand investments that will result in superior brand performance in doing so; you will play a key role in creating the legacy of the Bacardi business.
- You will have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the Commercial strategy in order to align the financial elements of that strategy and how it relates to the respective geography.
- You will provide ongoing support and evaluation of actual performance against targets to ensure timely decision making.
- You will also be responsible to Provide timely analysis on top line performance (Volume, Price, Mix), including understanding of overall impact of promotional activity and related ROI.
- You will also be responsible for driving Internal Controls and Compliances and lead the initiatives around SOX, ICFR, Internal Audits in the commercial finance function.
- You will be required to interface with the commercial team across regions and you may be required to travel within your geography in order to stay connected to all stakeholders.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Drive results & excellence in execution
- Provide timely analysis on top line performance (Volume, Price, Mix), including understanding of overall impact of promotional activity and related ROI.
- Produce monthly Customer/Country/Channel/Brand Profit & Loss (P&L) and highlights key R&Os.
- Support commercial teams in the management/control of volumes, price, discounts, and trade spend effectiveness to ensure alignment with - and achievement of - local P&L overall targets.
- Lead the financial budgeting and planning process for the commercial team, ensuring that pricing, discount and A&P/Trade spends are reflected accurately and are executed according to plan.
- Identify, evaluate, and communicate risks and opportunities to the business.
- Ensure the continuous flow of financial information and analysis to internal and external stakeholders.
- Continuously look to improve and simplify our processes as they relate to the planning, reporting and performance measurements of our brands and use of tools (i.e.: SAP, project systems, TM1 etc.)
- Provide expertise to Region Teams on all financial aspects of the Commercial plans Provide stewardship of the Financial Commercial strategy as executed within the Country.
- Be the custodian on controls and compliances for the company and steer Internal Controls, Internal Audits, Global Audits and SOX compliances in the respective function.
Creating a Winning Team
- Establish objectives and professional development plan and ensure that training is in place for all team.
- Build a sense of community across region finance and the overall finance teams.
- Work with HR to drive Financial understanding across the key commercial teams.
Measures of success
- Performance: Commercial Indicators versus target. Net Sales absolute & growth vs target. Trade spend effectiveness. All financial aspects covered and no surprises.
- Strategy: Full participation in the development, delivery, and ownership of the Global Finance Strategy for the Commercial organization within your geographical remit
- Employee Engagement: Drive sustained improvement in engagement and enablement, as measured through the Employee Engagement Survey (EES).
- Talent: Deliver against talent management activities.
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Professional: CA / Equivalent Degree: with 10+ years of overall experience and 4+ years of experience in the Commercial Finance.
- Working knowledge of ERP preferably SAP, TM1, Good command over PowerPoint, Excel & MS Office. OTHERS:
- Strong track record of performance and delivery within Finance in a Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) environment, with multiple years of delivery in a managerial role. Experience in Spirits Industry is a distinct advantage.
- Proven ability to work seamlessly within a matrix organization and with the Commercial Team.
- Understanding of commercial activities and plans and Strong customer focus.
- Solid experience of managing a P&L, forecasting, ROI calculations, Excise & Duty impacts, risk management, A&P management, price structures and financial reporting
- Strong analytical skills, comfortable with ambiguity, able to take complex ideas and summarize into concise insights and recommendations.
- Effective communication skills, able to influence and communicate comfortably with senior leaders.
- Able to think strategically and understand the business and category drivers well.
- Able to conduct ongoing environmental assessments and forecasts emphasizing changes in the external, internal & competitive environment.
- Proven business acumen and decision-making skills
- High-energy with a sense of urgency, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Continuously look for opportunities to improve processes, identify issues and provide recommendations.
- Process focused with an understanding of end to end business processes and their financial impacts.
- Work with peers to develop standard analytical approaches/reports that can be applied across all brands.
- Advanced expertise in MS Office including PowerPoint, Excel (Pivots, Lookup, Conditional Functions, etc.) and proficiency in excel, data collection and analytics.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast paced environment.
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.