About the role
In this role, the person will be part of the Activity Management team located in Glasgow Scotland, reporting to the OC project Management and Packaging Development Manager located in Glasgow.
The markets in which we operate are very competitive. Innovation is therefore key to differentiate our products. There is also a large range of initiatives to manage from product innovation to continuous improvements.
Under the supervision of the OC Project Management and Packaging Development manager, the candidate will be working closely with Global / cluster brand marketing teams and UK Operation Center multifunctional teams to ensure flawless delivery and excellence in project management from ideation to market launch.
He/she will need to know how to operate in an agile and changing environment. This person will be expected to be knowledgeable in project management and will need to embrace execution with excellence have passion and strong ownership to deliver projects.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Project manage UK OC Initiatives
- Work with the marketing project leaders to charter and lead initiatives.
- Drive clarity on initiative success criteria and ensure those are met at the respective decision gate.
- Support informed business decision making through strong technical mastery, well informed risk analysis and fact based cost knowledge.
- Ensure that Global best practices are leveraged and applied whilst enabling speed to market.
- Work with the multifunctional OC operation's teams to ensure robust designs made at best value and successful delivery of projects.
- Work closely with central function resources and in other OC's based resources to ensure that ideas, supplier relationships and capabilities are leveraged at its best.
- Ensure alignment with Global Operations team is created prior to decision gates are reviewed.
- Lead holistic risk assessment process for initiatives and drive best business decisions.
- Escalate shortly any specific medium or high risk identified
- Support the adoption of global work processes and effective collaboration across different brands.
- Monitor budget and timelines to deliver project Right First Time.
- Connect with Marketing and Markets to build a good understanding of business needs
- Effectively represent business needs in the OC
- Integrate constructively OC constraints/requirements with markets/marketing
- Participate to 3yr roadmap building for the brands to proactively prepare and guide OC
- Ensure strong collaboration in the project team
- Proactively prepare key steps and communications in the OC, GOPS and business
- Escalate effectively to appropriate primos when relevant
- Trains/Socializes innovation process within the business
Flow to Work:
- Be ready to flow to work by managing initiatives which are centered in one of our other OC's where peak workload situations require that.
Contribute to the development of Best Practices for the Project Management Discipline
- Review progress made on the managed initiatives, identify what works and what does not work and provide as input to the Project Manager Best Practices.
- Work with the innovation teams to understand if our practices are delivering against agility and speed and identify areas of improvement.
- Provide Support to an effective deployment process of our Best Practices
Measures of success
Projects delivered OTIF, with Excellence and in budget.
Project decisions are taken on the basis of objective data and implemented.
Demonstrated strong collaboration with key stakeholders.
Established strong best practices and knowledge sharing across Operations Centers and regions
Critical experiences for success
- Bachelor's or Master Degree in Business, Economy, Supply Chain or Engineering.
- Min 4-8 years experience in business development or operations (such as supply chain, engineering or operation).
- Either has a strong project management experience from ideation to market launch or is able to demonstrate a strong interest in managing and leading projects and the ability to be a fast learner.
- Strong interest or experience in managing projects on a regional or global level.
- Affinity and interest to work within different businesses and divers cultures.
- Lead and influence strong multifunctional teams who will deliver with excellence.
- Mobility - willing to travel 15%-25% of time.
- Strong leadership and capability to manage and drive a portfolio of projects.
- Good understanding of stage gate processes and how initiatives are led through.
- Very good written and oral communication skills
- Capability to work and influence in a highly changing environment.
- Business savvy and a good understanding of the consumer & customers' needs. Understand our Bacardi business strategy.
- Understanding of what the Bacardi brands stand for and how Bacardi is organized.
- Good understanding and knowledge of COGs structures and P&L's of finished products.
- Knowledge of processes within operations (finance, manufacturing, packaging, supply chain and procurement), markets and central marketing
- English business proficient.
- Other languages would be a plus
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.