About the role
In this role you will be accountable for creating value through driving revenue and developing strategic relationships with key customer accounts in the Country. You will create the legacy of Bacardi and drive key decisions that will significantly affect Bacardi's presence in the Country. Your deep commercial knowledge and ability to develop strategic relationships will be key to your success in this role.
- You will be responsible to deliver key revenue targets as determined by the Country financial plan.
- You will develop, and maintain, effective and strategic relationships with Key Customers and influence the positioning of Bacardi brands in the Country.
- You will be responsible for setting and scaling up of the Banqueting business vertical, strategizing for increasing the visibility of the brand across the right platforms (MICE)
- You will identify opportunities and guide the development and execution of strategies to maximize Bacardi's performance in Key Customers in the Country, achieving value creation and capturing price
- Working closely with the Country Commercial leadership team, you will drive a shared vision and winning team spirit among the sales teams and lead the execution of the people strategy.
This role is varied and while based in the Gurgaon office, a large percentage of your time will be interacting with the
local sales team members as well as key Customers. As a result, you can expect to be travelling extensively to stay
connected to all stakeholders.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Deliver results & excellence in execution
- Ensure visibility and sales across the High Visibility forums.
- Developing the entire Banqueting vertical and increasing the visibility across the Country
- Designing the marketing plans for scaling up banqueting channel
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with the LHA and regional commercial teams
- Establish and drive the BIO business via the current business model
- Ensure time-bound settlement of all claims related to outlets and / or activations
- Aid and assist in the practice of Brand Advocacy either through the Trade Ambassador and/or designed loyalty programs
- Deliver on key revenue targets (NSV, Gross Margin, Overheads, Profitability, ROI, Value Share)
- Drive, agree, and execute customer Business Plans that deliver "win-win" value to Bacardi and customers
- Execute occasion based price pack architecture to deliver improved mix
- Optimize promotional plans through the year through implementation of the ROI strategy and goals
- Input into the shaping of the channel & portfolio strategy of the Country
- Build effective long-term relationships with Key Customers
- Provide accurate demand forecasting to Supply Chain teams or to Hub Sales Performance and Planning team
- Relentlessly drive a pay for performance based approach with Customers
Measures of success
- Performance: Achieve financial targets(revenue, profitability) vs. budget for Key Customers in the country; Achieve
- Value share: Drive Value share growth of key Bacardi brands
- Commercial scorecard: Achieve goals defined in Commercial Scorecard and Country Capability Action Plan
- Customer: Achieve target customer satisfaction measures
- Strategy: Participate fully in the development, delivery, and ownership of the Country Commercial Strategy
- Employee engagement: Drive sustained improvement in engagement and enablement
- Talent: Deliver against talent management objectives
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Demonstrable track record of performance in Business Development
- Experience in managing Banqueting Verticals/ MICE at a national level role
- People management experience including proven coaching abilities and leadership abilities to create a collaborative high performing team
- Strong track record of delivering for Customers
- Strong negotiation skills
- Working knowledge of sales effectiveness tools processes and category management
- Proficiency in English language skills
The following experiences are preferred:
- Experience in the Spirits Industry and/or Beverages is a distinct advantage
- Experience in additional functions beyond the ones listed above
- Minimum 8yrs in Business Development in Banqueting Vertical
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.