About the role
The Process Lead role is part of the Spirit Supply, Bulk team within Bacardi's UK Operations Centre (OC). The UK OC is responsible for all aspects of the production and supply of Scotch Whisky and Bombay Gin. It is an integral part of the Bacardi Global Operations Supply Chain.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of the role is to supervise a team of Bulk Operators and ensure the efficient and safe running of our Whisky & Gin Blend Centre and Warehousing, Control Room, Empty Wood (including associated equipment), in order to meet the site production plan. The role of Process Lead also entails maintenance of quality, EHS and HMRC obligations, and site recording systems.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Responsible for organising workload of Bulk Operators, based on the Bottling schedules and spirit prep plan as supplied by the Bulk Planner. Also selection of team members and numbers to carry out associated tasks as required (sampling, small batch, 3rd party requests)
- Enable BOS framework within bulk and drive performance
- Play an active role in Lean Accelerator when deployed within spirit supply areas
- Build collaborative relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Ensure that all spirit movements fully comply with Customs & Excise requirements and legislation and recorded on appropriate processing systems for accounting records.(ECMS, PCS7, SAP, DRAMS)
- Ensure that EHS requirements are being adhered to and report and investigate any near misses and incidents, ensuring robust investigations are carried out and actions created delivered in a timely manner
- Understand delivery/despatch schedules for Bulk Supply (tankers/TLVs)
- Responsible for the effective data capture on designated excel spreadsheets
- Accurate recording of site KPIs - downtime, operational efficiency & warehouse vacuity
- Timely delivery of spirit to internal and external customers, correctly accounting for all spirit holdings and movements.
- As a Key Holder for the site you will be responsible for ensuring all security measures are followed for bulk areas and are properly secured
- Responsible for the safe and secure use of all plant machinery (inclusive of FLTs)
- Maintain complete flexibility of operations across the Bulk Supply operations.
- Actively participate and promote the continuous improvement of the site and activities, suggesting alterations as appropriate.
- Actively participate in Company Training and Development Initiatives and Communication Briefings as appropriate.
- Maintain responsibility and accountability through personal commitment and behaviour.
- Maintain behaviour in compliance with HSE requirements.
- Issue permits as required.
- Carry out training of others as required ownership of the departmental CTMS and SOP reviews.
- Carry out the Permit To Work process and ensure area is fully compliant
- Manage and increase skills flexibility across operator team
- Incident controller trained and form part of the on call rota
- Local ownership for assets under area control, including new investment proposals and maintenance of existing assets
- Ensure that proper housekeeping standards and cleaning of work environment is adhered to ensuring that 5s audits are carried out and actions addressed.
- 36 hours over 5 days (day shift or early and back shift pattern) with possibility of nightshift and/or additional week-end work.
- Will provide cover for other Process Leads as required - requires understanding and knowledge of the spirit prep processes.
Measures of success
· Delivery of spirit to other spirit supply teams, to spec and plan, on time and in full.
· Minimised operational downtime.
· Site efficiency and OEE % to meet target
· Departmental KPIs to be meet for 5s and operations
· Control of materials so all processing plans can always be met.
· Improvements in standardized processes, systems and ways of working.
· All site operators to be fully-multi skilled and competent .
Critical experiences for success
· Excellent numeric and literacy skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Honest, reliable, trustworthy and resilient
Work Experience Requirements
· Experience of working within a FMCG environment
· Supervisory experience within a FMCG environment
· Ideally experience of working in whisky or other Bulk processing
· Experience of manufacturing IT systems
· Full and current counterbalance fork lift truck licence required
· A driving licence
· Strong numeracy skills
· Good written and spoken English
Level of proficiency: (M = mother tongue; F = fluent; I = intermediate; B = basic)
Language: English - F - Fluent
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.