About the role
As the On Trade Sales Lead, you are part of the Leadership Team in Italy and will be accountable for creating value through driving sales and developing strategic relationships with key customers. You will create the legacy of Bacardi and drive key decisions that will significantly affect Bacardi's presence in Italy on trade. Your deep commercial knowledge, ability to develop strategic relationships and lead and inspire a Sales team will be key to your success in this role.
Working closely with Country Commercial leadership team, you will drive a shared vision and winning team spirit among the sales teams and lead the execution of the people strategy. This role is varied and, while based in the Pessione office, a large percentage of your time will be spent interacting with the local sales team's members as well as key customers.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Deliver results & excellence in execution
- Deliver on key financial targets (NSV, Gross Margin, Overheads, Profitability, ROI, Value Share)
- Accountable for the creation of proactive annual JBP with your key clients in order to ensure sustainable value growth
- Prepare, implement and monitor of strategic plans with objectives for your accounts
- Define, identify and execute growth projects enabling timely and well-targeted changes that anticipate on the developing market.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with strategic customers and key external stakeholders (e.g. trade associations) for your channel.
- Drive use of Commercial Excellence assets (e.g. Pictures of Success) and approach to activate our brands to influence consumers at the point of purchase.
- Identify opportunities for new business development and provide critical input into the development of category and channel plans.
- Coordinate directly with the Commercial Development Team to drive implementation of Commercial best practices.
- Be accountable for the implementation of the customer programs within your channel as agreed in the Country Integrated Activity Plan (IAP).
- Input into the country IAP process to ensure local channel and customer needs are captured
- Implement standardized Commercial best practices
- Own the management and development of talent within your team as to create a winning team
- Drive executional excellence through a strong, functioning and orientated Sales team
- Work with the Country Commercial Leadership team to build a shared sense of purpose among your teams
Measures of success
- Performance: Achieve financial targets(revenue, profitability) vs. budget for Key Customers in the country; Achieve Price targets for Key Customers in the Country
- Value share: Drive Value share growth of key Bacardi brands in the Off trade
- Commercial scorecard: Achieve goals defined in Commercial Scorecard and Country Capability Action Plan
- Customer: Achieve target customer satisfaction measures
- Strategy: Participate fully in the development, delivery, and ownership of the Country Commercial Strategy
- Employee engagement: Drive sustained improvement in engagement and enablement
- Talent: Deliver against talent management objectives
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Experience managing wholesalers and direct on trade customers in a leading FMCG company at national level
- Route to market expertise
- People management experience including proven coaching abilities and leadership abilities to participate in a collaborative high performing team
- Strong track record of delivery with Customers
- Strong negotiation skills
- First hand field sales experience
- Working knowledge of sales effectiveness tools processes and category management
- Demonstrable track record of performance in Commercial
- Proficiency in English language skills
- Sense of ownership, teamwork spirit and focus in objectives
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.