About the role
The person will be part of the Packaging Development team for the Americas (USA, Canada and LATAM) located in Jacksonville, Florida. This region is the biggest market for Bacardi and is a very competitive market with strong innovation. He/she will report directly to the Pack Dev Manager Americas located in Jacksonville FL who reports to the Global Packaging Director (located in Switzerland). This person will be expected to be a knowledgeable technical partner for the multifunctional teams. He/she will need to know how to operate in an agile and changing environment, working very closely with his/her internal and external partners whilst maintaining operational/technical discipline to assure high quality packs delivered on time with best value/quality to the company. This person will need to embrace execution with excellence culture and will be expected to have passion for excellence and strong ownership to deliver projects.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Develop and execute best in class packages:
-To support and/or lead packaging development projects from development through qualification.
-To create robust test plan and high quality trial report
-To elevate any technical or project risks to his/her manager and to the multifunctional team with defined scope and back up options
-To create robust packaging specification and develop all components which meet the:
◦Brand equity requirements (shape, color, decoration,...)
◦Manufacturing constraints (plant, co-packer) and supply chain
◦Project target cost and timeline
◦Legal and Bacardi Quality Standards
-To ensure that suppliers can manufacture specifications/components to capable standards through effective sampling & production. Responsible for leading and recording all Trials & Testing and ensuring appropriate stakeholders approve results.
-To own/communicate packaging Critical Path Schedule items on his/her part of the project.
-To challenge suppliers to drive results and deliver proper components qualification
-To contribute to grow technical knowledge and innovation on packaging
-To collaborate closely with QA, manufacturing and procurement to find best solutions if any issue and drive mold and packing line qualification
-To master test methods, ship test protocols and mold qualification
Measures of success
- Project delivered OTIF and with Excellence
- 100% compliance to process & Design for Excellence
- Project development budget in control
- Strong collaboration with key stakeholders
- Active support to technology scouting and Pack dev. capabilities
Critical experiences for success
Bachelor's Degree in Packaging or related field such as mechanical engineering, material science.
- 0-6 years experience in packaging development or Operations linked to Packaging (QA, Packing line or packaging supplier experience)
- Broad experience in packaging component development, molding, packing line and supply chain qualification.
- Working closely and influence Design agency and marketing on the design to enable robust execution at the best value
- Ability to quickly understand Packaging/Packaging materials/Packing systems to be able to create and manage specifications
- Capability to work in a seamless team cross functions and cross regions
- Ability to manage and influence pack components suppliers at each phase of the project
- Understand technical drivers of the component cost and work closely with procurement to achieve best value
- Mastery in risk assessment for Packaging components and overall pack life cycle
- Overall good collaboration
- Stong project managements skills
- 3D CAD capability would be a plus
- Awareness of what the Bacardi brands stand for
- Basic knowledge of COGs structure of finish products
- Design Agency way of working understanding
- Basic company Marketing/Market structure understanding
- Operations understanding (manufacturing, packaging, supply chain)
- Awareness about the global Pack Dev team structure and who's who.
- English- business proficient
- Other languages would be a plus
- Mobility - willing to travel 30% of time
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.