About the role
As Finance Manager Sub Saharan Africa, you will be responsible for leading all financial responsibilities for the Sub Saharan Cluster including administration of the legal entities, providing planning & analytical support to the sales, customer marketing and regional teams. You will be integral in supporting negotiations with customers & distributors & validations of expertnal A&P expenditure. You will lead the overall direction of day to day finance in the Sub Saharan cluster. This role reports to the Managing Director Sub Saharan Africa, with matrix reporting to Finance director AMEA
This role is based in Johanessburg, however a large percentage of your time will be interacting with the market teams across the region. As a result, you can expect to be travelling extensively to stay connected to all stakeholders.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Leading Budget preparation and forecast for current year and for 5 to 8 years, including all analytical support through the alignment of the initiative action plans for the brand and markets of the cluster, including revenues and expenses
- Supporting the Managing Director and the commercial team with negotiations with customers and distributors
- Standard cost coordination and working with the regional team to submit information to global finance function
- Preparation and presentation of the monthly dash boards (P&L , IAP, NSV) for analysis and explanation to the sales, customer marketing and regional team
- Leading Analysis and explanation of NSV cause of change between pricing, volume and brand mix variances
- Maintain the administration and compliance of the local legal entities in the cluster through:
- SAP System and mapping with TM1/GCR
- Document support for PTP on A&P & Structure Cost and AR and task related
- Support analysis for sales and discount
- Management and Financial Reporting, including P&L and balance sheet reconcilation
- Supervise compliance and company risk management including the set up of legal entity
- Optimization of working capital
- DSO Reduction in the cluster
- Cash Flow Management Application of Finance & Accounting policies
- Overlooking the importation of goods, customs & excise as well as co-packing inventories and supply chain
- Supervise S&OP
Measures of success
Measures of Success
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Financial Analysis: Ability to create advanced spreadsheets, explain variances to estimates, identify business risks and opportunities, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to identify and understand patterns and interconnectivity of relevant data in order to predict business performance.
- Project Management: Ability to manage projects/tasks to ensure successful delivery (on time and within budget) while identifying potential issues/risks.
- Basic Operating Systems: Knowledge of basic software and operating systems and all related aspects (e.g., system tools, software, hardware, related products and controls)
- Should have worked in an work environment where SAP usage was important
- Ability to identify root cause issues and develop plans to resolve.
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior leadership.
- Fast learning, flexible and high commitment to deliver results.
- Be Proactive and ambitious.
The following experiences are preferred:
- 8-10 years experience in Accounting field in an FMCG environment
- Holds Certified Public Accountant (CPA) / Chartered Accountant (CA), relevant finance qualification to work in South Africa
- Having some experience as Auditor is a bonus
- Proficiency in SAP, including SAP, Profitability analysis and Project System.
- Ability to work independently and in a group environment.
- Excel skills are required. Working knowledge of other Microsoft Office Products.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast paced environment.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills a must.
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.