About the role
Louisville Distilling Company was founded by father and son, Lincoln and Wes Henderson. Their first whiskey, Angel's Envy Kentucky Straight Bourbon Finished in Port Barrels was inspired by Master Distiller Lincoln Henderson's lifetime spent crafting some of the world's finest spirits. One of the original pioneers of the premium bourbon and whiskey categories in the U.S., Lincoln created the world's finest bourbon on his own terms and with a simple desire to enjoy the art of making whiskey. This philosophy remains at the heart of everything we do, and we embrace the restless craftsman's spirit, relentless in our desire to innovate and improve. Angel's Envy may have been our first masterpiece, but it certainly won't be our last.
Our beloved brand was recently welcomed into the Bacardi Limited family. It's a perfect match with a team that, like us, is deeply rooted in family and tradition, and who respects our creative freedom and commitment to innovation. We're still a small, family company; we've just joined a slightly larger family.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Operator's primary duties will be: Load barrels; unload barrels; store & inventory barrels; dump whiskey from barrels; empty finishing barrels; proof & gauge whiskey; refill finishing barrels; reduce proof; process whiskey; perform filtrations; use, calibrate & maintain lab instruments to analyze processing specifications; set up and perform sensory evaluation & quality control functions; maintain processing equipment (i.e. Clean, Lubricate, Tighten); complete records for all whiskey movements and analysis; perform sanitation & housekeeping; and perform all other duties related to whiskey handling, processing, and filtration, as directed by the Lead Operators.
- The Operator will also be expected to perform the following functions as needed: shipping & receiving of finished goods & bottling supplies, loading & unloading trailers, bottling line operations, bottling line set up, sanitation & housekeeping of all areas of the facility, Clean, Lubricate, tighten equipment, Grounds & Building first level maintenance, and perform all other duties as assigned by Lead Operators
- Operate pneumatic, hydraulic, and electric barrel equipment.
- Operate Company Vehicles, including but not limited to Powered Industrial Trucks (Forklifts), Box Vans, other motor vehicles.
- Comply with all Environmental, Health & Safety policies and training.
- When not performing barrel movement or processing activities the Operator will be available as an operator on the bottling line under the direction of the Lead Bottling Operator.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
Measures of success
Measures cover measurable KPI improvements such as:
- Adherence to schedule
- Inventory cycle count accuracy
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have / be:
· Minimum High School diploma.
· Ability to supervise processing assistant and multi-task.
· Ability to bend, lift and carry 40 lbs. and perform repetitive work actions.
· Ability to work in non-climate-controlled environments and outdoors as needed.
· Ability to follow directions, perform simple math calculations and complete recordkeeping as needed
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
· Familiarity with SAP, DRAMS, Stillhouse and other software
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work well as a team member or independently.
· Valid US Class D driver's license
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.