Job Description :
Warehousing Operations ManagerBased Central Scotland
Fixed Term to October 2020
Closing Date: 19th May 2019
Are you a passionate strategic and operational leader who cares about making a difference and driving real change to improve performance? Then this role within our International Supply Centre (ISC) could just be the role for you...
From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing's changed. We're the world's leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It's why we trust them with our legacy. And it's why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve.
Scotland is the home of Diageo's diverse range of Scotch whiskies. In Scotland, ISC Distillation & Maturation is responsible for producing over 30 million cases of Diageo's Scotch whiskies such as Johnnie Walker, J&B and Bell's every year. As well as Scotch, Distillation & Maturation produces 12 million cases of white spirits including Smirnoff vodka, Tanqueray gin and Gordon's gin and over four million cases of other spirits and ready to drink brands.
With the growth trajectory for Scotch looking strong, Diageo has announced plans to invest over £1billion in Scotch whisky production over the next five years to meet growing global demand for our brands. The investment will see a major new malt distillery built expansion of existing distilleries and substantial new warehousing capacity will be developed.
Diageo's International Supply Centre's current Distillation & Maturation network includes no less than 28 malt distilleries, including the recently opened £40m Roseisle Distillery, the first malt whisky distillery of scale to be built in Scotland in 30 years. One grain distillery operates from Cameronbridge, a high capacity facility producing Diageo's leading Scotch whisky and white spirit brands and processes 4,000 tonnes of grain weekly. Diageo are also a 50% shareholder in a further grain distillery. There are also eight main warehousing sites, housing our maturing stocks of Scotch whisky, supported by a state of the art cooperage opened in 2011 and coppersmiths.
About the role
The role of the Warehousing Operations Manager requires an individual who can provide outstanding leadership through delivering outstanding results and setting clear strategic direction for Maturation's Warehousing Operations. We need someone who will lead and advocate good governance to ensure that all health, safety and environment, quality, cost and reliability standards are met.
The role holder will lead a Business Leader team managing warehousing sites across the Maturation footprint with a high level of visibility across the sites. They'll also set a clear vision for the team using effective team communication, coaching the team providing guidance and support to all direct reports and their teams, to facilitate achievement of department targets and successful delivery of continuous improvement projects. Ultimately the role holder will create an environment that supports an inclusive and positive culture, where people feel they are listened to, valued and developed.
Key purpose of the role includes:
- Drive conformance to regulatory and accreditation standards (e.g. ISO/HACCP etc.) and CARM controls in area to deliver successful GAR audits
- Lead & advocate the MMS Programme to develop performance, standards, capabilities and asset care to exceed balanced scorecard targets. Set & achieve MMS departmental deployment plan working in partnership with the ME Manager.
- Define and fully implement strategic initiatives designed to meet future business requirements
- To build and maintain strong working relationship with key stakeholders to deliver as one Elite team- Site Engineering Manager, Manex Manager, Finance, HR etc.
- Develop budgetary and capital plans, review existing equipment capacity and manpower in order to meet long range planning goals which are aligned to site and company strategy.
We're looking for people with character: driven, resilient and open-minded. You'll be commercially astute, target driven and flexible - as our work can change quickly. You'll have the ambition to achieve successful outcomes and high standards through engaging high performing teams. With a continual focus on safety, efficiency, service and quality, you'll need to be able to multitask and prioritize workload. You'll also be ready to build strong relationships with stakeholders across the business including with Finance, Governance, HR and external suppliers/agencies.
Are you a natural born leader? We certainly hope so. This role provides an excellent opportunity for you to showcase your leadership and functional skills within a varied and demanding live operational setting and can be a springboard into a range of other exciting roles across our Supply Chain business.
In terms of qualifications we expect that you'll have a degree level qualification or equivalent or be qualified through relevant experience. You'll also be NEBOSH qualified.
We expect that you'll demonstrate the following experience:
- A number of years leadership experience and a great track record in a world class FMCG production/manufacturing environment
- Strong understanding of Distillation and Maturation would be advantageous
- A proven champion of manufacturing excellence leadership, management, tools & techniques
- Proven ability to build a high performance climate within large multi-disciplined teams by effectively setting performance standards and coaching and developing others to achieve them
- Effective at leading multifunctional workgroups in problem solving.
- Proven track record as a great coach
- Sound and proven financial acumen
- Track record of great engagement and communication skills
- Proficient in use of standard business (MS Office) and Diageo packages
Feel free to speak to us about what flexible working means to you.
Check out this video to learn more about Maturation at Diageo: https://youtu.be/VPJj5_Sv4gs
CHARACTER IS EVERYTHING
Worker Type :
Fixed Term Contract (Fixed Term)
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :