About the role
As Global Marketing Manager, you will be accountable for delivering performance targets on brand activities in the Globally, driving value creation for our company. You will contribute to the planning, design and execution of consumer programs and brand assets on for Santa Teresa Rum, as directed by the VP Managing Director, and you will drive effective activation of these across targeted cities and regions selected for investment.
- You will contribute to the situation assessment for your Brand, and help define the brand "Jobs to be Done" each year as part of the annual integrated activity planning process
- You will help develop an integrated activity plan for your Brand
- You will support the design and execution of selected brand assets and consumer programmes in globally as assigned to you by your Vp Managing Director for Santa Teresa.
- You will manage an A&P budget for your brand as assigned to you
- You will ensure all brand activities you manage are measured and evaluated as define in the IAP plan.
- You will help identify & codify growth drivers for rollout globally
- You'll ensure executional excellence on all consumer-facing activities you lead on your Brand
- You will liaise with your relevant commercial contacts to coordinate the smooth running of the plan.
This role is varied and while based in Barcelona office, a large percentage of your time will be interacting with the local market teams as well as key Customers. As a result, you can expect to be travelling extensively to stay connected to all stakeholders.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Consumer, shopper and customer understanding
- Builds deep understanding of the local target consumer and shopper groups for your Brand in all markets.
- Annual evaluates the brand equity of the brand, and develops the current consumer mind-map of the brand, through research and observation.
Category & brand strategy and activity planning
- Actively consults on brand "Jobs to be Done" in the markets and participate in activity ideation & development in the annual Integrated Activity Planning (IAP) process
- Develops the Consumer Connections plan for the brand
- Develops the detailed A&P Budget for each JTBD
- Develops the activities to implement the plan, working with selected agencies
- Coordinates the activation plans with the relevant markets to ensure they meet critical timings.
- Creates the market digital connections plan - linking to ecommerce as required
- Works with PR to develop the strategies and guidelines of the brand (external and internal PR)
- Ensures coordination of all agencies to deliver the communications plan
- Leads the creation of certain programmes for all markets to use
- Approves all language and format adaptions
- Ensues all communications are consistent with the brand visual identity.
- Ensures Appropriate local regulatory clearance for all communications assets before distribution
Business performance management
- Coordinates all measurement & evaluation activity for the market.
- Accountable for the brand growth and equity targets in the market
- Rigorously manages brand A&P budget, spend the money like it's your own.
- Weekly team call to coordinate actions
- Weekly review of top 5 issues and opportunities
- Monthly performance report - goals scored for & against
- Monthly check-in with the commercial lead in your market or channel to ensure alignment
- Quarterly team meeting to review the plan
- Presentation of the annual IAP plan
Measures of success
Achieve Global brand financial and commercial targets in the Market (revenue, profitability, share)
Drive improved brand health in the Market (e.g. Brand love, awareness, penetration, engagement)
Deliver the reach & engagement in social media
Ensure consistent adherence to global brand visual identity of the brand
Ensure measurement & evaluation plan in place as per the IAP
Achieve performance targets set for all brand activities as defined in the IAP
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Brand management experience in progressive roles up to Marketing Manager or equivalent level
- Experience in leading or supporting brand marketing plan development in relevant countries
- Experience multiple specialty areas: digital, promotions design, events, PR
- Verbal/written skills at all levels in an organization; ability to generate meaningful presentations
- Degree and/or professional marketing qualifications
- Fluent command in English and Spanish
- Experience in strategy leadership roles in an international environment in FMCG
The following experiences are preferred:
Experience in line managing a small team
Drinks and Luxury Category experience is an advantage
Experience in additional functions beyond the ones listed above
Ability to work under pressure and to deal with ambiguity
Fluent in other relevant languages (French, German...)
Remains abreast of legal regulations in the industry for the Hub
Enjoys innovative brand communications
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.