About the role
ABOUT THE ROLE
Based at Bacardi's UK Operational Head Office, reporting to the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager, this role will contribute to driving improved financial control of the UK Operations Centre (OC), is responsible for leading various compliance processes, financial reporting consolidation activity and plays a key role in improving financial governance within the UK OC.
The Financial Accountant provides essential financial support to the Support functions of the business, including HR, Finance and Engineering (Capex) to continually deliver effective cost control and drive performance improvement across these areas. The role will be responsible for leading various financial governance and control activities including fixed asset verifications, post project implementation reviews and impairment testing. Some infrequent travel will be required to undertake these activities to visit other UK OC locations, which will provide the opportunity to work with various teams across the UK and step beyond the numbers, learning about the operations and industry.
This role will require a passion for understanding financial processes and how they can relate to a large manufacturing business. They will have the opportunity to affect business decisions by influencing management across many areas of the organisation. The individual will need to have excellent analytical and organisational skills, but then be able to concisely and convincingly communicate their findings in order to influence business decisions.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Financial Planning and Reporting
· Assist in preparation, consolidation and reporting of financial forecasts (R&O)
· Assist in the consolidation of the other areas of finance to produce the UK OC budget pack
· Assist in the creation of a detailed annual timetable for the finance team, defining all reporting and budgeting requirements and communicate reminders across team for upcoming timelines
· Prepare monthly financial analysis for UK OC support functions, that are timely, accurate, clear and insightful
· Assist in the preparation and analysis of the local consolidated monthly management reporting pack
· Analyse monthly deviations against budget / forecast and propose corrective actions
· Improve use and accuracy of TM1 and SAP ledgers
· Support the Operations management teams by analyzing and constructively challenging capital investment projects
· Co-ordination of capex forecasts and budgets and active management of spend vs. target
· Lead post investment appraisals, working closely with project teams
· Lead physical asset verification activity (including cask assets)
· Undertake impairment reviews, including infrequent travel to any/all of the UK operational sites to undertake these activities, working closely with local management and engineering teams
· Provide support in the preparation of the Capital Committee agenda, consolidation and minutes
· Manage verification of assets under construction accounts and the capitalization process
· Undertake GR/IR review of capitalized projects
· Identify and introduce improvements to data capture in SAP in relation to capital expenditure and the asset register to facilitate improved reporting
Business Partnering and Support
· Provide finance business partner support for HR, IT, Engineering (Capex) and Finance departments
· Work closely with other members of the finance team to drive reporting improvements, targeting efficiency improvements at critical times, e.g. month end
· Working closely with the Engineering management team, challenging on capital projects to ensure the best use of company funds, prioritizing within budget
Compliance & Accounting
· Monitoring of all agreed Balance Sheet Accounts (non-controlling)
· Collation of information required for both internal and external audit inquiries
· SOX testing and maintenance of related documentation (process maps/RACM's etc.)
· Drive improvement in financial governance by critically assessing local UK OC processes, e.g. travel policy, recruitment policy, invoice/purchase order approval levels and create and introduce the UK OC statement of delegated authorities
· Assist and help co-ordinate annual inventory checks
· Support the FP&A Manager and work with Tax Centre of Excellence to ensure correct direct and indirect tax accounting and reconciliations, including Corporation tax, VAT, PAYE and Excise tax
· Corporation tax analysis and accounting entries
· Co-ordination with GBS on transfer of responsibilities, resolution of issues and improvement of KPIs
· Work with GBS to clear the transactional backlog and target root causes to avoid future build-ups
· Create and transact journals, maintaining general ledger accounts, accounts payable and any general ledger adjustments.
· Provide cover for the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager during vacation and other absences
· Work with outsourced Payroll Shared Services Provider to ensure accurate and timely payments and accounting entries
· Assist with management of global and local insurance policies, coordination of claims, including employers' and public liability, product recall, theft, vehicle and travel claims
· Provide analysis required for annual statutory accounts
Measures of success
· Delivery of timely & accurate reporting in line with business targets
· Robust capital expenditure processes; verification, post project review, impairment reviews
· Compliance with Sox activities
· Development of current systems and procedures
· Demonstrate understanding of business operations and activities
· Others defined by annual performance setting with Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Critical experiences for success
CRITICAL EXPERIENCES FOR SUCCEss
Qualifications and Experience
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to convincingly state a case with supporting backup.
· Financial Analysis: Ability to create advanced spreadsheets, explain variances to estimates, identify business risks and opportunities and then make appropriate recommendations.
· Forecasting: knowledge of, and ability to apply, financial and forecasting procedures. This includes the ability to develop sound assumptions and produce relevant financial projections and models from those assumptions.
· Product costing: Experience of costing complex processes, understanding the physical processes and capturing all costs with view to add value.
· Independence: Ability to work and think independently. Then confidence to share and persuade management on the validity of the analysis, conclusions and recommendations.
· Co-ordination: Ability to meet tight deadlines whilst maintaining excellent standards of outputs.
· Control Environment: Understanding of internal controls, standards, and processes to ensure accuracy and consistency in data used for decision-making, internal / external reporting and communications.
· Basic Operating Systems: Knowledge of basic software and operating systems and related aspects (e.g. system tools, software, hardware, related products and controls). Knowledge of SAP desirable but not essential.
Work experience requirements
· 2+years of related work experience in financial / accounting / analysis ideally in a multi-national / cultural environment
· Ability to work independently and in a group environment
· Advanced Excel skills are required
· Ability to work with financial systems - e.g. SAP, DRAMS, BI (desirable but not essential)
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast paced environment
· Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
· Qualified accountant (membership or by experience)
· English Fluent
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.