The Benevolent is the trade charity that provides help and support to current and former employees of the UK drinks industry and their families.
We are the only charity supporting people who are currently working, or have worked, in any area of the UK drinks industry providing practical, emotional and financial help. The charity operates in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Over the last few years, The Benevolent has modernised its operations and communications looking to raise awareness, increase the number of people it supports and further engage with the wider trade. In 2017, The Benevolent launched its refreshed ‘Here to Help’ campaign, which uses dramatic slogans and graphic appeal with crafted bespoke messaging for the different sectors of the UK drinks industry, in order to make it more relevant to the interests and needs of the drinks community. The campaign provides information about the comprehensive types of support provided by the drinks industry charity.
In January 2018, The Benevolent also launched its mental health awareness campaign #NotAlone, which aims to encourage members of the trade to speak freely about mental health difficulties. The campaign was awarded “Best Trade Campaign” at The Drinks Business Awards 2018.
The Benevolent is now looking to recruit a full-time fixed term 12 months contract Marketing & Communications Executive – Maternity Cover.
You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, a strong work ethic and confidence in dealing with a range of people. You will be comfortable using Microsoft 2010 and be willing to learn how to use other software packages as needed (Adobe Photoshop CC 2017). You will be interested in developing your marketing and communications skills within the not-for-profit sector and/or UK drinks industry. You will be highly motivated and enjoy working as part of a small hard-working team. You will have an innate empathy with the ethos of the charity and a desire to help others.
Qualifications / Skills / Knowledge
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject or with relevant technical training and qualifications
- Excellent knowledge of web and digital services development
- Strong knowledge of social media management skills and techniques
- Excellent writing and content generation skills are desirable
- Knowledge of WordPress is desirable
- A good understanding of GDPR
- Previous working experience providing web, digital and social media support preferably in a charity or in the UK drinks industry
- Good knowledge of WordPress is desirable
- Good knowledge of Adobe CC Photoshop 2017 is desirable
- Good knowledge of Mailchimp
- Confident, self-motivated and proactive with the ability to use initiative and take responsibility for developing and implementing plans
- Have the ability to communicate at all levels both within an organisation and with external agencies and stakeholders
- Well organised and collaborative with the ability to prioritise, manage a busy workload and multitask
- The role requires solid copywriting skills, an eye for detail, creative thinking, commitment and enthusiasm for the cause
We are looking for someone focused and skilled in all aspects of digital marketing, preferably with an understanding of the charity sector. The role will involve day-to-day management and development of the website, development and delivery of social media plans, e-newsletters, videos and other online content – all in line with The Benevolent’s marketing and communication strategy.
You must also be able to demonstrate the ability to create relevant content – good writing skills are important.