About the role
- Representative of Global Indirect Procurement & Global Operations.
- Member of Bacardi's Regional business leadership team.
- Development of a solid and sustainable Regional Procurement Organization.
- Leadership in building sourcing strategies in close collaboration with global category leaders and regional stakeholders for Media, Market Research, Digital, Consumer and Customer Marketing Creative Services, POS, Sponsorship, Experiential and BTL, IT, Telecon, Travel, Facilities, Property, Travel and Entertainment and Professional Services. In summary ATL, BTL, POS and Indirect Services.
- Role models through effective collaboration with Global Indirect Procurement and Regional / Local stakeholders.
- Assist and contribute to the development of global sourcing strategies by providing insights on specific regional requirements, together with the Global Category Directors and implements them on a regional basis across all entities and levels of the organization.
- Regional Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for Procurement for the regional leaders and teams, for and the Global Procurement functions.
- Need to take regional lead on all indirect procurement categories.
- Creates procurement awareness throughout the Region/ Local (Country) enhancing cost conscious behavior, and drives improvement in P2P (Procure to Pay) KPI performance.
- Leads the business to ensure procurement compliance in the Region and to policies / procedure / guidelines
- Provides effective coaching to his/her team and develops capabilities and skills further.
- Develop and manage Regional Suppliers
- Owns key supplier relationships at regional / local level
- Implements overall global category strategies
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Manage a group of Procurement managers & category buyers (size is depending on Regional business structure) and develop their capabilities through explicit training's and through daily coaching on the job.
- Further develops procurement organization structure based on justified business cases.
- Represent procurement as a key business partner within the Region Leadership Team(s).
- Represent Procurement in the Region-IAP Process and ensure Procurement Strategies are considered to deliver a competitive advantage for Bacardi.
- Develop in collaboration with Global Category Directors, global Procurement strategies with a focus on the Region and the Regions business needs. (increase global spend coverage)
- Ensure integration with other functions on joint initiatives to ensure development of expertise in commercial matters related to assigned categories.
- Execute agreed procurement strategies on a country and/or regional lead basis for selected sub categories in an efficient and effective way. Develop a "Activity and RACI map" to establish clear roles and responsibilities avoid double workload and ensure compliance across all involved Parties.
- Ensure delivery of saving targets for the region and support delivery of global savings targets.
- Liaise with the senior management of global and regional marketing to provide visibility on strategies, activities and results. Make sure the procurement vision fits to the overall business vision and strategic plans.
- Develop an environment that drives continuous improvement, seeking input from both internal and external sources to undertake a complete review of the sourcing plans and strategies on a periodic basis to ensure that it continues to meet the current and future needs of the business.
- Deploy sourcing strategies of A&P, Indirect Services and POS categories to key stakeholders in the Region / Local and ensure effective re-application of those new sourcing processes within and across Regions.
- Collaborate with Global Procurement teams to implement sourcing and supply chain improvements, which are broadly re-applicable.
- Work with Global Procurement to identify and implement structural improvements.
- Conduct cross-HUB /Region comparisons to identify gaps in processes, execution and specific leading practices.
- Ongoing contract and supplier management (supplier reviews, KPI's, adherence to contract etc).
- Lead Local/Regional supplier negotiations as required.
- Lead Local/Regional supplier contracts as required.
- Ensure locally sustainable supply solutions including contingency, responsible Sourcing and Supplier Performance Management.
- Act as SPOC for Indirect Spend e.g. Assisting strategy implementation and execution of all indirect procurement as required; on the ground interface with Regional Stakeholders - "go to person"; Represent Indirect Procurement on regional presidents extended management team.
- Ensure Regional conformance to P2P processes and procedures - Drive improvement in P2P KPI's (increase coverage). Deployment and compliance of Policy and Guidelines.
Measures of success
As agreed with line manager, such as:
Savings Target Delivery: Quarterly reviews of actuals vs. target
Value creation across all Indirect spend categories (savings potential and/or greater value for the same spend, synergies
Supplier Management KPIs: Quarterly review, adherence to contract
Talent Development: Ensure all individuals within the Regional Indirect Procurement team have a clear and meaningful development plan in place and actively monitor and advance succession plans.
Employee Engagement - Drive sustained improvement in engagement and enablement, as measured through the Employee Engagement Survey (EES)
Critical experiences for success
- Min. 8-10 years+ of experience in a procurement role, preferably in a multinational environment in a complex matrix structure.
- Familiar with Strategic Procurement processes and skills.
- Category Management (Advertising & Promotion, particularly ATL and BTL, Indirect Services and POS) and P-t-P Processes should be part of past experience.
- Organization change management experience.
- Proven track record in delivery of complex procurement initiatives on time and on budget.
- People management and coaching skills. Ability to develop a team to the next level of strategic procurement.
- Able to manage in a matrix environment and to effectively engage with critical stakeholders of other functions.
- Language Skills: Fluent English; Fluent Spanish
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.