At the heart of our dynamic global growth is a simple belief: nothing should come between incredibly talented people and an accelerated career.
That's why we dream big. Why we look to the future, not the past. Why we value talent over title. And why we hire people that can be better than ourselves.
At AB InBev you'll join a driven team that shares your desire to grow, your courage to challenge and commitment to act. In return, we'll reward your achievements.
The opportunity is here!
Purpose of the Job
- Provide legal assistance to all departments within AB InBev Italia (also referred to as the "Company") - in order to ensure the Company acts ethically and in compliance with all applicable legislations.
- Reporting to the Legal & Corporate Affairs Manager Italy, the role shall ensure the compliance of the company to highest ethics standards, all applicable legislations, AB InBev polices in other to safeguard the interests and the reputation of the Company.
- Challenging competitive market requiring constant adaptation of our commercial strategies;
- Highly legally regulated market;
- #3 on the market: challenging position;
Key contacts: (internal-external)
- Sales Directors, Italian Leadership Team, Sales & Distribution;
- Daily interactions with Sales Team;
- Close and direct interaction with all departments at local, BU and Zone level;
- Direct contacts with external partners (lawyers, notary, advisors).
- Be the primary point of contacts for Sales and Commercial team to support day-to-day operations;
- Engage the compliance agenda and propagate a culture of compliance in the Company;
- Drafting a variety of agreements related to the different business needs (On and Off Trade, advertising, distribution, services, purchase and sales contracts, confidentiality agreement);
- Implement GDPR, Compliance and Antitrust policies through implementation of trainings, guidelines;
- Follow-up changes in legislation, jurisprudence and doctrine at Italian and EU level and establish external contacts with the organizations, administrations in order to obtain information as soon as possible thus enabling the company to anticipate implications or to take initiative to influence any changes;
- Manage the credit collection proceedings in order to protect the Companies' interest in the most efficient and cost effective ways.
Qualifications and Technical competencies required
- Bachelor degree in law;
- Master or post-graduation education preferable.
- Qualified lawyers with minimum 2 years of experience in structured law firms or multinational companies;
- In-depth knowledge of competition law and/or regulatory matters would be an advantage.
Technical and behavioral aspects: (Job related)
- High integrity and ethics standards;
- Proactive personality;
- Ability to listen actively;
- Team player;
- Reliability to work under stress;
- Ability to provide independent advice and to take decision alone;
- Skilled in planning his own workload;
- Discipline, precision and order;
- Flexibility (working hours, approach, style);
- Capacity to adapt himself to changing environment;
- Strong skills in problem solving - capability to assess and monitors issues, and recommend appropriate solutions;
- Strong communication skills (oral and writing);
- Resilient and shows tenacity in order to meet objectives;
- Bilingual: Italian/English.