Job Description :
Who are we?
Our Europe Corporate Relations (CR) team purpose is to protect and promote Diageo's reputation and licence to operate, to support our ambition to become the most trusted and respected consumer goods company. We have a fantastic opportunity for a Corporate Relations, Learning for Life Programme Manager to join us on this journey!
The aim of Learning for Life is to provide core employability and life skills to young unemployed people aged primarily aged 18-28 in communities where our businesses operate across Europe.
In this role you'll work closely with cross functional Diageo teams and externally with our delivery partners and educational establishments to advise, co-ordinate and oversee delivery of programmes in Scotland/GB- as well as advising on Learning for Life in some of our European markets.
Working with our Head of Alcohol in Society, Diageo GB & Europe and closely with CR colleagues across Europe, this role supports the Learning for Life Advisory Group and Executive Board by carrying out the following:
- Advises on the delivery of Learning for Life programmes across Europe according to the strategy set out by the senior CR team.
- Oversees more closely, the day to day delivery of programmes in GB through partner organisations and educational establishments involved in the delivery of programmes.
- Delivers stakeholder engagement to showcase successes internally and externally working with relevant CR contacts in GB and Europe.
- In conjunction with European colleagues, develops and creates communications and marketing collateral to gain recognition for activity (video material, photography, press and PR programmes and attendance at relevant conferences).
- Monitor progress of the programmes; regularly assesses results against initial objectives and measures; feeds qualitative results into global Diageo reporting process as well as the UK Movement to Work programme.
- Manages Finances & Governance according to Learning for Life principles liaising with legal and finance teams.
- Prepares regular updates for the Learning for Life Board and Advisory group.
- Feeds progress reports to the Movement to Work programme (coalition of leading UK employers addressing youth employment).
- Manages GB agency resources on a day to day basis (comms programme and materials)
A little more about the role...
- Delivers Learning for Life programmes, based on the strategic input provided by the Executive Board.
- Co-ordinates delivery of programmes in GB and through CR colleagues and partner organisations, in Europe.
- In conjunction with CR colleagues in Europe develops and delivers stakeholder engagement for Learning For Life externally.
- In conjunction with CR colleagues in Europe creates communications and marketing collateral for the programme.
- Monitors the progress of any initiatives supported by Learning for Life and regularly assesses results against initial objectives.
What are we looking for?
Programme and/or project management experience is essential. Internal and external corporate relations experience, as well as commercial awareness would be an advantageous, as would experience of working with the third sector and employability initiatives and programmes.
- Significant communication and programme/project management experience. Demonstrable experience with a blend of communication, and programme/project management - this should include delivering effective communication strategies, both internally and externally.
- Strong leadership skills, to support collaborative working with senior leaders and external partners with the capability and confidence to provide direction, coaching and support.
- Strong relationship building and alignment skills. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in cross functional matrix teams across our organisation. Able to build strong relationships with broad spectrum of people.
- An inspirational team leader: Creating conditions for people to succeed and proven ability to move with pace from analytics to defining activities to address issues.
- Commercial delivery. Previous experience in a highly commercial environment with a good understanding of the drivers and disciplines to enable success would be advantageous.
- Managing complexity and ambiguity. Managing an agenda of multiple priorities, multiple stakeholders and juggling multiple projects in a fluid environment.
- Strong drive, delivery and determination. This role requires significant commitment to Diageo's reputational agenda, achieving regular recognition internally and externally for best in class communications.
- Experience of working with and managing a large and complex budget.
- Note: significant travel will be required with this role (driving licence is essential)
Worker Type :
Additional Locations :
Dundas House, Edinburgh Park
Job Posting Start Date :