Job Description :
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The role is responsible for providing financial leadership and support for key value creation projects for the $6bn Diageo North America business. The role works primarily on a project basis, working on the highest value issues and opportunities facing Diageo - working with senior management and in cross functional teams. The purpose of the role is to lead and/or support the evaluation, development and execution of opportunities in the North American agenda. The role reports to the Vice President- FP&A
Complexity of Role
- High level of exposure to leadership and cross-functional teams across North America and Global
- Leverage Functional Experts within the organization for key insights and support
- Ability to work on and manage multiple projects with rigorous timelines
- Ability to prioritize efforts, focusing on key strategic and financial problems
- Well-executed projects. The role will have a strong bias towards project work, involving teams from within the strategy group and from other areas of the business.
- Make the complex simple for the organization. The overall vision for this role is to step in as lead or support in complex initiatives and make things simple and clear to drive decision-making.
- User-friendly communications. Communications, whether written or verbal, will need to be clear, concise and delivered in a timely manner.
- First class analysis. Most initiatives will require detailed analytical models, based on a thorough review of available data, and a good understanding of value drivers.
- Transferable learnings. The timely import and export of learnings and intelligence relevant to specific initiatives (Search & Spin).
- Senior stakeholders including NA Exec and Senior Leadership team
- Strong, joined up relationships with other NAM Finance teams including Enterprise Operations to drive efficiency and effectiveness in all our core processes.
- Other NAM functions: Supply, Commercial, Marketing
- External distributor partners
QUALIFCATIONS AND EXPERIENCED REQUIRED:
- Degree educated with relevant professional qualification, MBA preferred
- 7-8 years' experience in a global FMCG or similar dynamic operating environment and demonstrating commercial acumen
- Leading delivery of a financial business partner model in a global shared services environment
CRITICAL FINANCE CAPABILITIES:
- Support decision making
- Business performance management
- Managing risk
- Accounting principles
Worker Type :
New York 530 5th Ave
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :