About the role
This role is Texas based (Houston, Austin, Dallas, etc).
The National Account Manager is responsible for achieving the organization's strategic and commercial goals with a selection of our key national on premise customers. He/she must build strong relationships with key customer stakeholders, develop customer strategies and business plans, create and sell-in compelling promotional programming and ensure high quality execution.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Review monthly account and territory performance, including depletion and NSV growth.
- Adopt an "owner's mentality" with regards to territory performance.
- Responsible for creating, selling in, and implementing LTO's, menu placements, back bar placements, and well placements to chain headquarters.
- Collaborate with SGWS TransAtlantic , local/regional BUSA personnel, and the NAOP team to identify opportunities.
- Build strong relationships with each customer in the NAM territory to enhance long-term business opportunities.
- Ensure local execution of chain-approved programs through timely, coordinated and effective communication to BUSA and SGWS TransAtlantic regional personnel. Monitor and analyze program and execution results by chain.
- Sharing of best practices, i.e. Use of economies of scale and innovation.
- Submit monthly activity report and Monthly Business Review on a timely basis.
- Responsible for all new product introductions within account universe.
- Maintain an accurate Mandate & Optional tracker. Also responsible for assisting in NAOP Mandate & Optional execution in geographic territory.
- Work with NAOP CP&A team and Business Analytics Director to identify and target opportunities that will increase consumer pull and enhance regional chain programs.
- Develop & deliver fact based selling proposals, utilizing Consumer Insights and category information.
- Utilize data resources to build and support Company strategy by chain and channel. This should include SGWS TransAtlantic reports, as well as BUSA RAD or VIP reports.
- Actively identify market opportunities and move on them appropriately.
- Incorporate BEP to support attainment of goals.
- Development of annual Customer Business Plans for all accounts in unison with the NAOP team's annual planning cycle. BUSA Commercial Priorities should be integrated into the Customer Business Plans.
- Stay up to date on trends and consumer analytics data.
- Survey all accounts in alignment with PoS, BEP and brand goals and objectives.
- A&P and T&E budget management.
- Some travel required, likely 3-4 days per month
Measures of success
Performance: Achieve customer-level Net Sales Value, Depletions and Direct Brand Contribution goals
Employee Engagement: Drive sustained improvement in engagement and enablement, as measured through the Employee Engagement Survey (EES) and usage of internal communications tools.
Brand /Company Image Protection: Ensure protection of the company and brand images
Customer: Achieve target customer satisfaction measures
Critical experiences for success
- Bachelor's degree
- Ability to create, maintain and build professional relationships and strong partnerships
- Excellent presentation, organizational, analytical, interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
- Proficiency with MS office and related applications
- Must have a valid driver's license with a satisfactory driving record
- Work experience requirements
- 8+ years Sales experience, with at least 1 -2 years in a Key Customer Account Management role, preferably within spirits, beverage or consumer goods sales environment
- Proven ability to manage a financial P&L
Living our Values and demonstrating high Learning Agility will be fundamental not only for success in this role, but also for potential growth to other roles across Bacardi in the future. We have a clearly defined Leadership Excellence framework, and you will be expected, as a key leader to be a role model of the following elements: Drive Execution and Results / Lead Strategically and Know your Business / Make the Matrix Work / Lead by Example and Develop and Inspire Talent
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.