We have a fantastic opportunity for a tenacious and passionate individual to join our Off Trade UK Sales Team on a permanent basis.
As the National Account Manager for Co-op you will be responsible for driving our distribution, visibility and activation of our brands with this retailer. Our partnership with Co-op is of huge importance to us and you will be responsible for maintaining and driving this forward. You will manage all aspects of this customer relationship, working to maximise our joint growth in Spirits. You will become the expert in Whisky & Spirits and use this knowledge to excite and inspire our customers.
Your ability to develop solid, influential relationships in addition to your first class negotiation skills, engaging approach and determination to deliver game changing results will be the key drivers to your success.
You will report into the Business Unit Controller. Working hours are 35 per week - some additional hours may be required in evening or weekends with overnight stays. You will be home based ideally in Scotland or North England with the ability to travel to customer sites, head office meetings and to attend Sales Team meetings.
What You'll Be Doing:
• Leading in the delivery of hitting budgeted levels of profit for your customer through the implementation of robust and creative joint business plan
• Maximising our return on investment by reviewing customer performance and take action accordingly.
• Implementing pricing and promotional strategy consistent with customer/channel guidelines
Creating a Winning Joint Business Plan
• Delivering a plan that executes our brand activation plan
• Ensuring the appropriate range is available in your customer portfolio on the appropriate brands
• Maximising opportunities for distribution and visibility growth
• Leading the category agenda with appropriate market and data insight
Managing Internal & External Relationships
• Leading the internal team to achieve the desired results in Co-op
• Establishing relationships and work with cross functional teams to achieve your objectives
• Deepening and broadening the customer contact strategy and facilitate wider company engagement with customer contacts, focus specifically on building relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
Managing Internal Processes
• Accurately forecasting the demand for the customer
• Liaising with our internal supply chain function to ensure ongoing availability targets are achieved
• Managing the financial processes for the account – invoices, debit notes, audit claims
• Plan, establish and understand needs, set objectives that cascade and link to the customer and business short & long term objectives
• Articulate benefits in order to secure results
• Accurately anticipate internal and external objections
• Flex style and adapt behaviour in order to gain results.
Do You Have The Following?
• Previous experience working in a Sales team in an Account Management role in an FMCG environment
• Experience working on one of the Top Grocery 6 retail accounts
• Understanding of the UK Off Trade & Convenience Market
• Knowledge and experience of negotiating and delivering a successful Joint Business Plan
• Understanding of how to structure and prepare a negotiation, trade conditionally and influence to gain commitment
• A high level of commercial acumen with the ability to develop, implement and optimise sound business decisions on a short and long term view
• A proven track record of delivering and exceeding key P&L metrics
• A valid full UK driving licence
• Tenacious and driven to achieve results and your objectives
• Vibrant and engaging
• Passionate about the spirits and drinks industry
• Comfortable working with systems to monitor sales and produce reports.
• Highly numerate and possess a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications particularly Excel and PowerPoint
• You’ll gain a robust learning and development journey both functionally and into the world of whisky and spirits
• Competitive salary
• Eligible to participate in our Short Term Incentive Plan (STIP)
• 35 days annual leave per annum
• 10% employer pension contribution
• Company car or car allowance
• Private medical insurance
• Group life cover
• A great product allowance!
Who We Are
Whyte & Mackay was founded on the docks of Glasgow in 1844 by James Whyte and Charles Mackay, who had a mission to create a truly Scottish blended whisky. This partnership laid the foundations for the company’s continued growth over the next century, with the company now producing and distributing some of the most highly-awarded and respected whisky and spirit brands.
The multi-award winning portfolio includes the Jura Single Malt Scotch Whisky as well as the flagship Whyte & Mackay Blended Whisky, The Dalmore Highland Single Malt, Tamnavulin, Fettercairn, The Woodsman and Shackleton Blended Malt Scotch Whisky to name a few. We also distribute Flor de Caña, Camus and RumChata in the UK.
At the heart of the company is a passion to create unique products that have craftsmanship, provenance, innovation and quality at the core.
We look forward to receiving your CV by Friday 18th October! If we receive a high number of applications we may bring the closing date forward so would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.