National Account Manager, Major Multiple Grocers x 2
Competitive salary dependent on experience plus excellent benefits and staff wine allowance.
About the role and location:
Due to our Commercial Team expanding we have a new opportunity for two National Account Managers at Accolade Wines, these positions will be field based.
About Accolade Wines:
Drawing on our proud heritage as one of the first wineries established in Australia, Accolade Wines has evolved into a global wine company with some of the world’s best known brands sold in over 140 countries and have more than 1,700 talented employees in 19 countries. Today our portfolio comprises of more than 35 wineries and brands from premium regions in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Chile and California. This breadth makes us one of the world’s leading providers of New World premium, commercial and value wines. In the UK our most popular and market leading brands are Hardy’s, Kumala and Echo Falls. Visit our Echo Falls Instagram pages to see our latest social media campaigns http://instagram.com/echo_falls
About the role – Key Accountabilities:
- Achieve Budgeted Volume and Profit targets
- Establish on-going contact and execute the trading plan, within the parameters laid out in the marketing strategies and activity within your grocery account
- Network all personnel in grocery accounts to develop & identify sales opportunities
- Ensure regular sales contact at all relevant levels within customer base, internal and external
- Manage & process invoices, PRFs, claims and deductions to agreed levels
- Sign off monthly finance/promo reports
- Ensure forecasts are accurate and worked well in advance
- Agree price and duty increases in a timely manner
- Attend and present at quarterly internal business reviews
- Network vertically and horizontally to gain maximum effectiveness and penetration
- Maintain close communications with other functions (eg logistics, finance, etc.) to ensure that actions are in line with company policies and culture
- Assist the control of credit and payment within accounts. Resolve any outstanding queries and ensure prompt settlement of all debts
- To set up Joint Business plan models in conjunction with the finance team and to track and report variances to the plan, suggesting corrective action
- Work very closely with manager feeding in relevant commercial information as required/identified
- Maintain accurate account files and administrate effectively within deadlines. Regularly review progress of accounts with manager
Essential knowledge and skills:
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong sales skills
- Ability to analyse data to build arguments for commercial benefit
- Ability to formulate and agree customer LTAs
- Advanced Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Can do attitude
- Ability to foster strong customer working relationships
- Willingness to network and gain intimate knowledge of the customer
- Team player
- Accountable for own actions
You will also have a minimum of 2 years sales experience at least at Account Executive level within the grocery sector, demonstrable track record of achievement and willingness to take on extra responsibility and the flexibility to work out of office hours to accommodate the occasional call with our Australian colleagues and have the ability to travel to our Weybridge and Accolade Park site near Bristol, if required.
About the offer:
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a fantastic range of benefits including medical cover pension scheme and staff wine allowance.
If this sounds like your next role please click on the apply button.
Like to see our fabulous bottling site and find out more about our products – then click on the video http://www.accolade-wines.com/our-company/production/