Fishers Gin Commercial Director
Private Health Care
Fishers Gin was founded in 2015, by Suffolk and London based entrepreneur Andrew Heald. The gin, inspired by the English coast, was initially contracted to Adnams of Southwold using a recipe of rare English botanicals belonging to Fishers. In 2017, following a successful introduction of the product into local and international markets, the decision was made to develop a distillery in the highly popular coastal town of Aldeburgh. This project will be completed in September 2019 and includes a visitor centre overlooking the North Sea and directly connected to Brudenell Hotel which is also owned by the Heald family.
All production of Fishers Gin will be moved from Adnams to the new distillery in Aldeburgh, which includes a small office and am entertainment area with unspoilt views of the beach and sea. Plans are also underway to grow a significant quantity of English botanicals on farmland owned by the family within close proximity to the distillery, on the bank of the River Alde. The resulting visitor experience will incorporate the distillery, local nature walks and foraging and exploring the Alde and Ore estuary and historical coastal towns.
To grow Fishers into a internationally known luxury gin with a strong retail presence in the UK and begin to develop the gifting and travel retail market abroad.
To develop the visitor experience the distillery in Aldeburgh into an important revenue line including cellar door sales, tours and private events.
The commercial director for Fishers should ideally have many years experience at a senior level in the drinks industry who will assume responsibility for the growth of the company and wants to be involved in creating a legacy on the Suffolk coast.
It is an interesting and varied role working to support of Fishers Founder & Board to implement the vision.
• Oversee the sales, marketing and operations of the company including the cellar door and distillery team.
* Responsible for the delivery of the entire Fisher’s P&L including sign off on all functions budgets alongside the owners and board.
• Delivering strong sales performance across core channels (on/off trade and direct)
• Growing the sales channels and managing new business opportunities with key stakeholders
• Personal responsibility to direct some of the national retail accounts.
• Show the team how to develop relationships at commercial level and move them towards management of the larger accounts
• Build on the existing core team and integrate them in the business
• Have a good handle of finance and operational functions
• Work daily with brand and marketing counterparts to ensure commercial integration of joint sales and marketing plans
The role will be rewarding with the support to grow the business substantially during the next three years. This will be a creative role working with and alongside a strong sales and marketing team to strengthen Fishers position as a leading luxury gin.
The candidate should be someone who embraces the SME commercial style. They are dynamic and engaging, a strong communicator and passionate about the world of luxury spirits.
Enthusiastic, driven and motivated by success and delivery of the company vision.
• A strong commercial/salesperson with experience of growing and managing a team
• A very numerate and confident person
Strong Budgeting and Forecasting experience
Current or previous experience managing national retailers
• Examples of strategic responsibility where you have delivered on a unit/account basis