About the role
What does a Senior Supply Chain Manager do?
This role is the Single Point of Contact for Supply Chain in México, ensures the execution of the Regional Latin America Supply Chain strategy. Together with the Regional SC VP, develop the strategic plan for S&OP, Supply Planning, Logistics in the market and manage activities, processes, people & financial requirements to achieve the objectives.Ensure demand and supply are aligned to deliver the business plan at optimum cost.
- Through S&OP, deliver the right product, at the right time, at the right place, with the right quality, at the right cost
- Generate an environment of contribution and debate across the team and between functions.
- Deliver improved forecast accuracy, reduced inventory and optimized logistics costs
- Through S&OP, deliver the right product, at the right time, at the right place, with the right quality, at the right cost.
- Bring an anticipative versus reactive approach to concerns and problems
With our Consumer at the hear, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive product supply plan for Finish goods, Value Added Packs and Point of Sale products, designed to keep our consumer at the heart, support growth plans & drive optimal customer service and profitability.
- Maintain the S&OP policy and rules to be used by all stakeholders
- Establish policies, procedures, performance metrics, and resource requirements to ensure reliability, speed, convenience and best perceived value to the customer
- Respect the regulations associated with the Supply Chain activities (customs duty, excise, VAT, Strip Stamps aspects, importations, exportations...)
- Ensure proper application of the regulations concerning Local Certification and Sanitation
- Maintain control of all potential regulatory changes concerning: importation & labelling and implement changes as needed with TRN (Technical Regulatory Network).
- Ensure Third part Logistics providers (3PL) use WMS (warehouse management system) and radio-frequency identification (RFID) for inventory tracking and distribution center is operating as efficiently as possible.
- Assess financial and business risks associated with key operational decisions
- Develop high level of coordination with the country manager to achieve effective management of the product supply flow
- Develop, implement and influence best practices in the disciplines of forecasting, inventory management, and logistics
- Manage continuous improvement of the product supply: improved customer service; faster cycles; reduction of waste and reduction of delivery costs.
- Accountable for implementation, maintenance and review of SLA with country and plants to clearly set role, responsibility and performance management
- Ensure achievement of country objectives by preparing annual budgets and monitoring expense, capital and inventory budget
- Engage regularly with Sales, Marketing & Finance to continuously update requirements and improve the Planning and Customer Services processes accordingly.
- Manage the Demand and Supply Planning processes to ensure plans are established, monitored and reviewed to drive efficient and timely distribution of products to the market
- Regularly review market conditions and competitive landscape to have an updated benchmark
- Resolve short/medium term supply constraints (ex. quality, technical...)
- Close cooperation with Activity Management team to delilver innovation faster, with reduced supply chain complexity and increased supply reliability and flexibility
- Implement and maintain the write off process & drive action for reduction & improvement
- Identify and execute the ideal balance among cust svc requirements, inventory optimisation, mfg efficiencies (including capacity planning), SKU rationalization, planning and execution
- Calculate the total system cost of delivering a product or service to the customer.
- Have a sustainability mindset; Drive reduction of carbon output on transportation to customers
- Control & Monitor 3PL activities
- Take on Project Manager role for Innovations in the region
- Establish & maintain effective working relations with internal/external organisations
- Motivate and inspire direct reports to achive company goals.
Skills and Experience
The skills and experience needed to create your legacy:
- Mastery in Logistics and warehouse industry / Mastery of Logistics & distribution process / Mastery of analytical and reasoning abilities
- Excellent general IT literacy
- Strong S&OP knowledge
- Mastery in Product Innovation
- Communication: Structures and presents technical data in a clear and logical format.
- 10+ years' experience in Supply Chain. Your familiarity and knowledge across S&OP & Logistics management will be well recognized
- This experience should have been gained in an FMCG environment, but you may well have additional experience in high tech or pharma industries as well.
- You will have driven and managed change in a distribution or industrial supply chain organization where knowledge of international trading practices and global tax principles is vital to success
- Development of teams, across multiple cultures, will be a core experience you have gained
- Demonstrated use of analytical, collaborative problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Leadership of both direct teams and matrix / cross functional leadership - managing / directing others.
- You will have a track record of managing 3rd parties and driving continuous improvement in their performance - service, quality and cost
- Language Skills: Fluent English; Local Country (or Countries) language skills an advantage.
- We are looking for people who are globally mobile and have aspirations to experience different cultures.
We share the passion and entrepreneurial flair of our founder and are guided by our three culture pillars - Fearless, Family and Founders, they inspire our Primos to be the best they can be and drive us forward in all we do. But what does this mean?
· Being Fearless; means adopting an agile mindset, being comfortable trying new things and taking risks. We are empowered to question, challenge and innovate.
· Family; We treat each other, and our communities, like Family. Always.
· Founders; The spirit of entrepreneurship is at the heart of everything we do. We see the business as if it's our own. We do the right thing for the business and we all take accountability for our work.
When you join Bacardi, you become part of our family and gain more than just a job.