About the role
The Industrial Maintenance Technician is responsible for repairing, maintaining and, improving
upon all distilling production/bottling equipment and facilities within. Communicate with the management team regarding the status of repairs and/or potential issues within the facility. Participates with the Brand Home experience when needed, acting as a friendly face to our friends and guests.
Carryout said tasks with the utmost craftsmanship and professionalism.
- Troubleshoot all equipment and facility problems; pumps, motors, PLC / HMI,
- mechanical utility system failures, process, and facility electrical systems.
- Monitor Mechanical/ Electrical Infrastructure to detect potential malfunctions.
- Disassembly of any/all plant devices to rebuild
- Adjust equipment to facilitate optimal performance.
- Maintain communication with the management team to meet all maintenance demands.
- Clean and lubricate parts and equipment.
- Work with other maintenance staff and operators in the repair of any production
- Keep accurate records of parts/material used and/or labor times to complete Electronic
- work orders.
- Identify and eliminate waste in the process
- Actively participates and is engaged in safety initiatives, problem-solving, Self-Directed
- Teams, continuous improvement, and line efficiencies.
- Install control devices such as switches, relays, VFD's, and motor starters
- Install and troubleshoot various types of RTD's, flowmeters, and automation control
- Be able to wire and interpret RIO cabinets
- Demonstrate a strong ability to interpret and troubleshoot electrical, pneumatic, and
- hydraulic blueprints.
- Perform housekeeping activities as required.
- Work cooperatively as part of a team, maintain a positive attitude, be flexible, and willing
- to cross-train across all job functions
- Ability to interact with visitors as needed to showcase the craftsmanship of our Brand.
- Be available to work any shift and/or overtime as required
- Must adhere to all LDC and OSHA safety requirements, to include the wearing of PPE.
- Machines, Tools, Equipment, Work Aids:
- Proficient with hand tools of all types:
- Electrical; multi-meter, loop/process calibrator, pipe bender, pipe threader, etc.
- Mechanical; Band saw, Knee Mill, Shop press, Lathe, etc.
- Welding equipment; Mig, Tig, Arc. Along with Plasma cutter/ Oxy Act torches
- Proficient with Fork trucks, along with industrial and commercial lifting equipment.
- Display a strong working knowledge of industry-standard rigging practices.
Skills and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Trade School, Vocational/Specialized training
- Minimum Experience:
- 5-7 years of industrial maintenance experience
- Necessary Skills/Responsibilities
- Must possess strong mechanical aptitude
- Must demonstrate dependability and timeliness
- Must possess strong problem solving, troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment
- Must possess strong mathematical, reading and comprehension skills
- Must be self-motivated, proactive and demonstrate the ability to work with minimal/no
- Work in confined spaces
- Able to lift 40lbs on a regular basis and 60lbs on an occasional basis, from floor to
- shoulder height
- Must have the ability to work in extremely hot or cold and dusty conditions
- Be able to work any shift any day of the week
- Previous Distilling experience.
- Able to read all types of precision measuring instruments
- Pipe fitting/ Industrial Electrical background
- Journeyman card in any one applicable trade
Living our Values and demonstrating high Learning Agility will be fundamental not only for
success in this role, but also for potential growth to other roles across Louisville Distilling
Company in the future. We have a clearly defined Leadership Excellence framework, and you
will be expected to be a role model of all 6 elements: Focus Externally to Win / Drive Execution
& Results / Lead Strategically & Know your Business / Make the Matrix Work / Lead by Example
/ Develop and Inspire Talent
We share the passion and entrepreneurial flair of our founder and are guided by our three culture pillars - Fearless, Family and Founders, they inspire our Primos to be the best they can be and drive us forward in all we do. But what does this mean?
· Being Fearless; means adopting an agile mindset, being comfortable trying new things and taking risks. We are empowered to question, challenge and innovate.
· Family; We treat each other, and our communities, like Family. Always.
· Founders; The spirit of entrepreneurship is at the heart of everything we do. We see the business as if it's our own. We do the right thing for the business and we all take accountability for our work.
When you join Bacardi, you become part of our family and gain more than just a job.