About the role
This position reports to the Brand Home Operations Manager. Successful candidates must be eager to welcome and connect with visitors on a daily basis, functioning as the face of our brand. We need positive, hospitable, dependable, and team-focused individuals with a high level of customer service understanding and experience. Distillery Guardians will be socially at ease with large groups of people, able to educate, excite and engage our guests while conducting distillery tours and product tastings. Distillery Guardians must also engage our guests in a retail environment, encouraging sales through education of the brand and relationship building.
- Ability to prepare and present a tour narrative as well as accurately answer questions on the history and production of bourbon whiskey, Angels Envy, and Lincoln Henderson's Legacy that will educate and entertain our guests.
- Continuing the story of the brand by conducting educational and entertaining whiskey tastings.
- Deliver excellent customer service that ensures ongoing sales and high levels of customer satisfaction. This continues with excellent customer service while handling incoming phone calls and tour reservations.
- Ability to use the point-of-sale cash register system and handle sales transactions including cash and card transactions.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate inventory counts of all merchandise including receiving and inspection of items while maintaining attractive, organized, and well-stocked displays.
- Candidate MUST be S.T.A.R. certified or willing to become certified. Candidate MUST be certified or willing to become a certified Bourbon Steward through Stave and Thief.
Skills and Experience
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent time management skills are a must for conducting tours that include a guest safety briefing, the life cycle of Angel's Envy from grain to bottle and a tasting afterward.
- Retail experience including the ability to maximize profits through suggestive selling, ensuring merchandise shelves are well stocked, and that all sales transactions are transacted through the cash register system.
- Ability to track accurate inventory, operate a touch screen tablet PC, and learn point of sale (POS) system software.
- Food and beverage, event, and/or tour guide experience is desired. Prior knowledge of distilled spirits is preferred.
- Outgoing and engaging personality who is articulate and charismatic. Creative thinker who is capable of managing change.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Available to work a flexible schedule including weekends and evenings
- Proficient with public speaking, diction, and English grammar
- Solid verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- High school degree; Associate or higher studies of marketing or hospitality a plus
- Able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis. Able to stand, walk, climb stairs, squat and bend as this position requires a combination of mobility throughout the shift. Able to stand for a long period of time.
- Basic daily light housekeeping duties will be a team effort. All Distillery Guardians will comply with state and county health departments guidelines for continual maintenance of a sanitary work area including customer facing areas, storage area, serving areas, and frequent courtesy checks in the lavatories to ensure a presentable clean environment.
We share the passion and entrepreneurial flair of our founder and are guided by our three culture pillars - Fearless, Family and Founders, they inspire our Primos to be the best they can be and drive us forward in all we do. But what does this mean?
· Being Fearless; means adopting an agile mindset, being comfortable trying new things and taking risks. We are empowered to question, challenge and innovate.
· Family; We treat each other, and our communities, like Family. Always.
· Founders; The spirit of entrepreneurship is at the heart of everything we do. We see the business as if it's our own. We do the right thing for the business and we all take accountability for our work.
When you join Bacardi, you become part of our family and gain more than just a job.