About the role
Regional Ambassadors in LAC are a brand equity building role, focusing on key opinion leaders including those influential mixologists, consumers and media, that directly influence the brand perception of our target consumers. They usually represent a single brand and are considered the brand and category expert within the region. They are a high value resource that supports the local market by providing brand experiences that go beyond the basic brand education. Their focus should be on raising industry standards, supporting brand launches, sharing regional best practices & global trends, and coordinating major regional trade advocacy initiatives.
With our consumer at the heart, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Support the rollout of PATRÓN across the LAC Region (80% Mexico, 10% Colombia & 10% Rest of LAC).
- Shape the public image of PATRÓN in LAC by humanizing the brand, amplifying its key messages & activity and making it relevant via social media, as well as consumer, trade, and media facing activations.
- Lead the development (& adaption) of the PATRÓN education materials in LAC and ensuring Local Ambassadors are properly trained to deliver them.
- Manage the implementation of global Advocacy engagement platforms in LAC (e.g. PATRÓN Perfectionist, La Casona, etc.)
- Create new Advocacy education, engagement and experience platforms for LAC markets.
- Help raise industry standards by acting as an example/mentor to the trade, sharing best practices/trends, hero talent and challenging the next generation to become better bartenders.
Skills and Experience
The Skills and Experience Needed To Create Your Legacy:
- Higher education is preferred but not essential. Industry experience and credibility are critical.
- Considered an expert in tequila and mixology, with 7+ years' experience in the industry in a recognized top mixology account or spirit company.
- Strong story-telling skills with 3+ years' experience as an Ambassador or a trainer with a recognized industry body.
- Advanced experienced in drink creation and menu consultancy for recognized top mixology accounts.
- Well established and respected as a credible influencer in the Mexico mixology scene (ideally across LAC)
- Fluent Spanish is required, with a high proficiency in English to be able to liaise with global ambassadors and understand and adapt Global materials into Spanish.
- Self-confidence and the ability to project gravitas, authority, and expertise.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and sets an example amongst Local & Regional Ambassadors and the industry.
- A proactive approach, with a can-do entrepreneurial attitude and the ability to work independently, effectively and deliver their targets with remote supervision (line manager is based in Panama).
- Strong interpersonal skills to foster relationships with trade, consumers and media influencers as well as Primos and distributor staff.
- Able to balance ambassadorial role and administrative duties (emails, expenses, reporting, meetings, etc.)
- PATRÓN is a brand that must communicate its Mexican credentials through its Regional Ambassador.
- We are looking for people who are regionally mobile and aspire to experience different cultures.
We share the passion and entrepreneurial flair of our founder and are guided by our three culture pillars - Fearless, Family and Founders, they inspire our Primos to be the best they can be and drive us forward in all we do. But what does this mean?
· Being Fearless; means adopting an agile mindset, being comfortable trying new things and taking risks. We are empowered to question, challenge and innovate.
· Family; We treat each other, and our communities, like Family. Always.
· Founders; The spirit of entrepreneurship is at the heart of everything we do. We see the business as if it's our own. We do the right thing for the business and we all take accountability for our work.
When you join Bacardi, you become part of our family and gain more than just a job.