About the role
Bacardi Canada is looking for an Eastern Canada Category Planner to join their Sales team at Bacardi's Head Office in Toronto. This role reports to the Customer Strategy Director and supports the provinces of Ontario, Quebec, and the Atlantic Region.
This position provides selling support and is responsible for managing the receipt/co-ordination/distribution of selling materials for the Eastern Canada team. The role is also a communication conduit between head office to the field and executes sales analysis, SAP/Invoicing, and reconciliation and performance tracking for use by the Customer Strategy Director (CSD), and Key Account Managers (KAM's) in strategic decision making.
The ideal candidate will be action-oriented and intuitive to business needs, with proven strength in reporting and Excel/Access abilities and can maintain a strong sense of urgency in supporting a regional team.
At Bacardi, we are passionate about career development. Interested in getting into our industry? This role is a great opportunity to start and grow your career with us!
- Responsible for submissions to liquor boards and communicating board deadlines
- Completing and ensuring Bacardi Canada meets all Liquor Boards deadlines for the Eastern Region's applications for gift packs, value- add programs, image programs, and listing applications along with any other applications pertaining to the customers.
- Responsible for updating the Tactical Plan database, as well as providing the CSD, Customer Marketing Managers, Logistics team (located in Miami) with a hard copy of the approved applications
- Responsible for submitting all product packaging changes as per for Liquor Boards policies and requirements
- Responsible for share and staying on top of all Liquor Board Policies and Guideline changes and communicate to all stakeholders
- Conduit between BCI and third-party SGWS sales execution teams within the region to ensure clear communication of programs and expected execution within the trade.
- Provide a weekly/monthly report to RD/CSD Period depletion performance verse KAM depletion forecast
- Create weekly/monthly Liquor Board inventory report and Out of Stock report to support the KAM's in forecast accuracy and customer management; PO Tracking Status & Tracking reports
- Ensure the integrity of the Bacardi Canada database including: spend versus budget; and executional programming versus plan monthly; track on-pack programming performance versus plan; track Bacardi on-packing, pricing, and display activity monthly ensuring relevant accounts are contained in the tactical database; For both Retail and travel Retail channels; track competitive programming and pricing monthly; track competitive hierarchy and headcount bi-annually.
- Share competitive new listing reports by Region for competitive advantage
- Process Licensee private orders and work with RD OP on needs and requirements
- Maintain and update on-pack and merchandising grids based on Brand Manager and CSD information data input. Track licensee On-Premise promotions versus On-Premise requirement grids and inform CSD of updates.
- Communication conduit between CSD, KAM, Customers, and BCI head office, as well as field public inquiries.
- Tracking incentives and supporting planning and coordination of special events.
- Ensuring required POS materials for tasting events are updated and communicated in Tactical planner and allocate as required: cups, information sheets, value add, takeaways of any kind, taster logistics (i.e.: time, date, product), track tasting budget versus spending.
- On a monthly basis update BCI product/price lists; create a sell sheet for various programs, territory outlays, product lists.
- Manage email communications: regular maintenance/updating of Bacardi contact list ensuring current retail and licensee numbers; create/develop an OP sell sheets to advertise LTO's, price changes, and/or new products to all OP/agency stores
- Assist the CSD/KAM's in preparing presentations, the general preparation of all materials required by the CSD/KAM's as per their business requirements.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated analytical skills and proficient in using Microsoft Office software including Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Access
- Preferably 3+ years industry experience in similar role/ understanding of the liquor industry a strong asset
- Demonstrated SAP PO/Invoice & reconciliation experience along with managing through database systems
- Experience coordinating product information locally/regionally/globally
- Solid functional administrative skills and focused time management skills and detail-oriented
- Proven self-starter/ independent problem solver and comfortable driving results
- Demonstrated capability in creating efficiencies
- Demonstrates Bacardi 3 F's Values Family, Founders and Fearless
- Proven track record of best in class communication aligning internal resources
- Bilingual English/French would be a strong asset
We share the passion and entrepreneurial flair of our founder and are guided by our three culture pillars - Fearless, Family and Founders, they inspire our Primos to be the best they can be and drive us forward in all we do. But what does this mean?
· Being Fearless; means adopting an agile mindset, being comfortable trying new things and taking risks. We are empowered to question, challenge and innovate.
· Family; We treat each other, and our communities, like Family. Always.
· Founders; The spirit of entrepreneurship is at the heart of everything we do. We see the business as if it's our own. We do the right thing for the business and we all take accountability for our work.
When you join Bacardi, you become part of our family and gain more than just a job.