About the role
Responsible for developing Demand Plan for France and executing inventory plans that will enable us to meet sales and service objectives. Collaboration with other members of the supply chain, sales, marketing, and customer support teams is paramount to achieve these sales and service objectives. Creates, develops, produces and collects demand forecasts.
Interacts and communicates with sales, marketing, finance, purchasing, supply planning, and other departments as appropriate to obtain current and accurate information. The Demand Planner works to analyze current business and economic demand trends and predict future trends. He/She demonstrates a higher level technical expertise, a higher level understanding of the elements of the supply chain process and the information flow through the demand and supply planning process.
Please note, this role is an fixed term contract to cover maternity leave.
Monthly collaboration with sales, marketing/CPA, finance, purchasing, supply planning, and other departments as appropriate to obtain current and accurate information. The Demand Planner works to analyze current business and economic demand trends and predict future trends.
- Manage the full POS material process from customer and internal demand to replenishment/order management and timely production of VAP (Value added pack) or delivery at customer
- Continuously develop and improve forecasting techniques, method, and approach;
- Conduct current and future forecasting analysis, ensuring forecasting processes and methods are followed
- Assemble and analyze all data pertinent to creating the sales forecast (historical sales, market trends, seasonality, promotions, and eventually account POS and inventory levels)
- Establish and utilize best methods (statistical models and software tools) in creating forecasts and respective inventory targets
- Coordinate promotions activities and projects with Marketing, Sales, Distributors and S&OP Manager
Establishment of replenishment lot sizing consistent with manufacturing and transportation costs, inventory objectives, and manufacturing/distribution centre capacities.
- Make recommended adjustments to forecast and inventory targets based on changes in demand and market trends.
- Lead forecast and inventory planning meetings, reviewing recommended sales forecasts and inventory projections and goals (emphasis on brand transitions, new product introduction, and promotions).
- Manage inventory targets (including safety stock levels) that are approved by management :
- Monitor SKU levels and define SKU rationalization initiatives
- Monitor excess and obsolete inventory (stock management) ; Root cause investigation and corrective action implementation to minimize future write-off risk (destruction).
- Replenishment : Validate replenishment proposal, ensure receipt warehouse capacity and resolve short/medium term supply constraints (ex: quality, technical...) to deliver produt (Value added pack, Point of Sales) on the agreed basis.
Continuous improvement and reports
Monitoring/reporting on deviations in actual vs. planned inventory levels. Development and implementation of corrective actions preventing future variances.
- Ensure cross functional alignment and business ownership at multiple levels
- Proactively facilitating, re-engineering, best practices & consensus between functional experts (Demand Planning, Inventory Planning, Purchasing, Sales & Marketing, Operations, Finance, and IT)
- Prepare, report, and communicate forecast and inventory measurements to management (forecast accuracy, inventory plan vs. targets)
- Critical to deliver improved forecast accuracy and reducing inventory days and logistics costs
- Ensure and maintain a robust alert system
- Evolving and maintaining documentation and standard procedures for demand planning (processes and systems)
- Excess and obsolete inventory expense forecasting.
Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with advanced planning technology and decision-support tools
- Demonstrated ability to use analytical and statistical models to analyze demand and prepare forecasts, preferably in APO
- Demonstrate an interest in personal learning and development
- Seek feedback from multiple sources about how to improve and develop
- Modify behaviour based on feedback or self-analysis of past mistakes.
- Detail oriented and Extreme accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional, team-oriented environment
- Ability to lead cross-functionally
- Collaborative skills in resolving long and short positions in inventory
- Ability to challenge internal stakeholders, mainly Sales, to provide accurate required data on time.
- Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to complex problems that may not have one clear answer.
- Experience in Logistics, Industrial Engineering or related field or 2+ years forecasting or marketing analysis
- Experience in the Food or Consumer Packaged Goods industry
- Fluent English and French
- Technical Skills: SAP, IBP, ERP, Reporting tool
- Functional Skills: Project management, planning process, market understanding, logistics/manufacturing processes, product innovation
We share the passion and entrepreneurial flair of our founder and are guided by our three culture pillars - Fearless, Family and Founders, they inspire our Primos to be the best they can be and drive us forward in all we do. But what does this mean?
· Being Fearless; means adopting an agile mindset, being comfortable trying new things and taking risks. We are empowered to question, challenge and innovate.
· Family; We treat each other, and our communities, like Family. Always.
· Founders; The spirit of entrepreneurship is at the heart of everything we do. We see the business as if it's our own. We do the right thing for the business and we all take accountability for our work.
When you join Bacardi, you become part of our family and gain more than just a job.