About the role
The job holder's primary role is to be the advocacy ambassador across all the Bacardi brands for the market. The job holder should possess the necessary knowledge to perform as a global training and mixology expert for the brand. needs to well versed in the history and production methodology for the brand and its competitors. She/He needs to contribute to build the advocacy part of the IAP. Additionally, he/she needs to be very well connected, highly respected and influential in the top on-trade community.
This role is based in Johanessburg, a large percentage of your time traveling across to stay connected to all stakeholders.
- Organize and manage training programs to educate internal staff to the most influential on-trade via brand presentations, tastings and mixology demonstrations
- Conduct presentations on brand history/production/mixology across all our brands to audiences across the market
- Communicate authoritatively with world-class influencers in the drinks trade across the market
- Interact with internal audiences, media, and trade with the style, tone, and manner appropriate for a premium quality spirit brand.
- Be a premium global cocktail/mixology expert, specializing across all of the Bacardi brands. Must be able to create and communicate signature cocktails
- Develop new cocktails which are creative and yet suitable for promotions, PR, events, etc
- Be the foremost expert including all background information: our history, ingredients, production process (including technical detail)
- Be an authority on competitor brands, premium spirits, bar culture, and mixology
- Speak with passion and conviction to create high impact
- Be aware of local drinking culture, tastes, seasonal ingredients and adapt with appropriate presentation/mixology demonstration accordingly.
- Develop/foster relationships with key bar personnel including bartenders, bar managers, bar owners, and class trade influencers whilst performing Ambassadorial duties around the market
- Develop a community of local/regional Brand Ambassadors and brand center mixologists.
- Be up-to-date with the latest trends in ingredients, flavors, cocktails, mixology techniques and apply relevance to the business.
Skills and Experience
Key attributes to be successful in this role you will have/be:
- A dynamic personality that will personify the Bacardi brand portfolio
- Professional, stylish, well-groomed and demonstrate a passion for the brands
- Positive and a quick learner
- To enjoy engaging/speaking with others and hosting groups of influential trade and media
- Be flexible and willing to work evenings and weekends
- Articulate and a self-starter
- Budget management and administrative skills
- Strong track record at top-end of the on-trade
- Exceptional cocktail making skills with proven experience of innovation and creativity
- Effective presentation skills and the ability to adapt style and content to different audiences
- An understanding of the wider business perspective for the brand and industry
The following educational /experiences are preferred:
- Professional individual with at least 8-10 years experience in the spirits advocacy field
- A good knowledge of alcohol and beverage knowledge
- A strong sense of the bar & restaurant industry and how they work
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Possess strong public and presentation skills
- Strong budget management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Self-starter, proactive, able to work well independently and with a team
We have a clearly defined Leadership Excellence framework, and you will be expected, as a senior leader to be a role model of all 6 elements: Focus Externally to Win / Drive Execution & Results / Lead Strategically & Know your Business / Make the Matrix Work / Lead by Example / Develop and Inspire Talent
We share the passion and entrepreneurial flair of our founder and are guided by our three culture pillars - Fearless, Family and Founders, they inspire our Primos to be the best they can be and drive us forward in all we do. But what does this mean?
· Being Fearless; means adopting an agile mindset, being comfortable trying new things and taking risks. We are empowered to question, challenge and innovate.
· Family; We treat each other, and our communities, like Family. Always.
· Founders; The spirit of entrepreneurship is at the heart of everything we do. We see the business as if it's our own. We do the right thing for the business and we all take accountability for our work.
When you join Bacardi, you become part of our family and gain more than just a job.