About the role
As the National Accounts Manager, you will be accountable for delivering value and financial impact in the Key Accounts segment in South Africa. You will create the legacy of Bacardi and drive key decisions that will significantly affect Bacardi's presence in the country. Your deep commercial knowledge, ability to develop strategic relationships will enable the Sales team at the distributors, which will be key to your success in this role.
You will drive key relationships with our key accounts and influence the positioning of Bacardi brands in the Country, and distributors' portfolios
- You will have a hands-on approach with our Key Accounts and will support distributors on commercial activity
- You will also support with relevant marketing and sales analysis inputs
- You will provide feedback on the market growth and potential
- You will coordinate directly with the Commercial & Customer Marketing Manager SA to develop and build capability of our key account and ensure the implementation of best practices
- You will work within your territory optimize Bacardi efficient and effective Route-to-Market
- Working with your team, you will monitor and measure the success of our distributor partners against a performance framework, and hold key account accountable for revenue and impact
- Working closely with Commercial leadership team, you will drive a shared vision and winning team spirit among the internal and sales teams.
This role is based in Johanessburg, however, a large percentage of your time will be interacting with key accounts across the market. As a result, you can expect to be traveling extensively to stay connected to all stakeholders.
Deliver results & excellence in execution
- Deliver on key financial targets (NSV, Gross Margin, Overheads, Profitability, ROI, Value Share)
- Complete Picture of Success surveys and work with key accounts to deliver POS execution targets
- Develop and manage priorities - Create market plan around commercial initiatives - linked with territory priorities
- Build and implement annual plans with clear tactics and goals in partnership with key accounts that reflect market IAP programs and deliver excellent execution
- Manage market/channel/ account performance on a monthly basis - working with key accounts to ensure delivery of forecast and budget (volume/value/ execution) in line with Bacardi Scorecard
- Ensure trade terms are 'pay for performance' and support Bacardi priorities
- Identify action plans to drive value, volume, or execution improvement and implement accordingly
- Actively build key accounts capability to create value for Bacardi
- Ensure inputs into the IAP process support local channel and customer needs
- Continuously optimize our Route-to Market and Cost to Serve in the market
- Build effective long-term relationships with key account to drive financial impact
- Provide accurate forecast sand manage price plans, discount plans, and budgets
- Ensure that the Hub teams are equipped with timely input and feedback on local Country needs to feed into the Hub IAP
Develop talent and capability
- Ensure distributors and your team have any resources needed to deliver desired results-leverage key assets from the Hub to optimize results, and quickly implement best practice programs locally
- Connect team resources and capabilities (e.g. RGM, POS, research, selling support materials) to support local business objectives
- Input into decisions related to key people in your team
Create a winning team
- Work with the Country team and key account to build a shared sense of purpose among your sales teams
- Align key accounts and your sales teams behind targets and create a passion for winning
- Recognize accomplishments and behaviors in a timely manner
- Ensure key account and your team have a knowledge of Bacardi history and culture
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- MBA / Business graduate, specialized in marketing is a bonus
- Minimum 12 years of experience in sales in a leading FMCG company at national/country level is mandatory
- Experience in Spirits or Beverage industry is a bonus
- Awareness of different trade channels; ability to manage trade structure and complexity
- First-hand Field Sales experience
- Proven track record of performance in Commercial and Sales function
- Capability to build a positive cross-functional relationship with other functions within the Company
- Leadership, decision making, teamwork, ability to make things happen, strategic thinking, data analysis
- Proficiency in English language skills
Living our Values and demonstrating high Learning Agility will be fundamental not only for success in this role but also for potential growth to other roles across Bacardi in the future. We have a clearly defined Leadership Excellence framework, and you will be expected, as a senior leader to be a role model of all 6 elements: Focus Externally to Win / Drive Execution & Results / Lead Strategically & Know your Business / Make the Matrix Work / Lead by Example / Develop and Inspire Talent
We share the passion and entrepreneurial flair of our founder and are guided by our three culture pillars - Fearless, Family and Founders, they inspire our Primos to be the best they can be and drive us forward in all we do. But what does this mean?
· Being Fearless; means adopting an agile mindset, being comfortable trying new things and taking risks. We are empowered to question, challenge and innovate.
· Family; We treat each other, and our communities, like Family. Always.
· Founders; The spirit of entrepreneurship is at the heart of everything we do. We see the business as if it's our own. We do the right thing for the business and we all take accountability for our work.
When you join Bacardi, you become part of our family and gain more than just a job.