About the role
The Whisky and Gin category, with emblematic brands such as DEWAR'S®, Aberfeldy and BOMBAY SAPPHIRE®, is one of the most dynamic and innovative portfolios for Bacardi. It is also a very competitive market with strong Packaging innovation.
The Packaging Developer will be supporting key technical packaging projects for these Brands and may additionally support global projects.
With Our Consumer At The Heart, Your Key Responsibilities Will Be To:
- Support the development and execution of best in class packages to create robust packaging specification and develop all components which meet the:
- Brand equity requirements (shape, color, decoration, etc.)
- Manufacturing constraints (plant, co-packer) and supply chain
- Project target cost and timeline
- Legal and Bacardi Quality Standards
- To undertake DFMEA review with suppliers and plants to identify risks
- To create and execute robust test plan and high-quality trial report
- To elevate any technical or project risks to his/her manager. When required, to lead autonomously packaging development according to company practices.
- To ensure that suppliers can manufacture specifications/components to capable standards through effective sampling & production.
- Responsible for leading and recording all Trials & Testing and ensuring appropriate stakeholders approve results.
- To contribute to grow technical knowledge and innovation on packaging
- To collaborate closely with QA, manufacturing and procurement to find best solutions if any issue and drive mold and packing line qualification
- To master test methods, ship test protocols and mold qualification
- To bring innovative ideas through supplier scouting/visits
Skills and Experience
The Skills And Experience Needed To Create Your Legacy:
- Educational Requirements: Bachelor's Degree in Packaging or related fields such as mechanical engineering, material science, etc.
- Minimum two years of experience in packaging development or role in Operations linked to Packaging (QA, Packing line, or packaging supplier experience)
- Functional skills:
- Broad understanding of packaging component development, molding, packing line, and supply chain qualification
- Ability to quickly understand Packaging/Packaging materials/Packing systems to be able to create and manage fit for use specifications
- Ability to understand technical drivers of the component cost and work closely with procurement to achieve best value
- Mastery in risk assessment for Packaging components and overall pack life cycle
- Basic project management skills
- CAD capability and 3D CAD capability would be a plus
- Capability to work in a seamless team, cross-functionally and across regions
- Overall good collaborator
- Lives the 3 F's - Fearless, Founder's Mentality, Family
- We are looking for people who are globally mobile and have aspirations to experience different cultures.
We share the passion and entrepreneurial flair of our founder and are guided by our three culture pillars - Fearless, Family and Founders, they inspire our Primos to be the best they can be and drive us forward in all we do. But what does this mean?
· Being Fearless; means adopting an agile mindset, being comfortable trying new things and taking risks. We are empowered to question, challenge and innovate.
· Family; We treat each other, and our communities, like Family. Always.
· Founders; The spirit of entrepreneurship is at the heart of everything we do. We see the business as if it's our own. We do the right thing for the business and we all take accountability for our work.
When you join Bacardi, you become part of our family and gain more than just a job.