About the role
Bacardi Business Service is looking for high performing individuals who are success driven and interested in a career at Bacardi. The accounting General Ledger and Financial Reporting Clerk II position is a highly competitive role structured to strengthen accounting and finance competencies. You will gain experience managing General Ledger processes while also gaining exposure to Intercompany Accounting, Period End Close & Consolidation. This role provides support and training needed to develop a well-rounded accounting and finance skillset, which will be the foundation for advancing your career Bacardi.
BBS is a global business operation supported by the Bacardi executive and senior leaders throughout the organization.
Reporting to the General Ledger Team Lead, the specialist will support the Finance Organization and Operations team being responsible for the General Ledger and Financial Reporting processes for a group of legal entities, enabling the accurate and timely submission of financial information every period, through creation and review of allocations, accruals, foreign exchange revaluation, GRIR controls, performing and reviewing reconciliation of several balance sheet accounts, period end close support, trend analysis, support process standardization projects, journal entries review, financial reporting master data maintenance, profit centers allocations, and any other General Ledger and Financial Reporting support.
- Perform tasks related to the General Ledger team within the Bacardi Global Services Center, which serves over 84 legal entities and Corporate Headquarters operations
- Participate in the execution of the following tasks:
- Foreign exchange rate revaluation, analysis, posting and reviewing.
- Provide data required by Tax COE needed for tax files
- Creation and posting of recurring entries
- GRIR reports preparation, reconciliations, follow-ups and write off of purchase orders
- Calculation, review, and posting of several accounting journal entries related to accruals, allocations, reclassifications, amortizations, write-offs, payroll and others.
- Perform clearing of general ledger accounts.
- VAT accounts netting and clearing.
- Performing and reviewing the reconciliation of several types of accounts prepaid, accruals, GRIR, advances, equity, capital, suspense, retained earnings, some receivables and others.
- Perform carry forward process for LL and NLL
- Coordinate month-end close activities for the legal entities under her/his scope.
- Responsible for accounting information reported for the legal entities under her/his scope as a result of the processes executed in shared service center.
- Perform balance sheet accounts trend analysis during month-end close.
- Perform profit center corrections.
- Validate and coordinate changes to the Financial Reporting Master Data
- Carry forward process for fiscal year-end.
- Communicate effectively with internal Bacardi clients as necessary to ensure that work is properly delivered.
- Influence the markets to follow the correct procedures and policies.
- Consistently propose, meet or exceed Service Level Agreements pertaining to accounting processes.
- Serve as a business process specialist responsible for standardization and governance of specific processes. Continuously identify, propose and execute process improvements.
- Ensure General ledger accounting procedures conform to GAAP and Bacardi financial policies and procedures.
- Lead the most demanding projects of the team.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Previous experience in Accounting, using SAP platform.
- Strong analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, and manage his/her time efficiently.
- Ability to push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing company practices and mindsets.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to capture information in a clear, concise manner and can adapt information for various audiences.
- Proactive individual that can collaborate and build effective relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to create capability in other members of the team, in a way that his/her technical mastery can be transmitted to them.
- Works well in a team environment and is a self-starter that continuously is thinking about how things can be done better requiring minimal direction and support.
- Knowledge of standard business practices and professionalism in a customer service environment
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (outlook / excel / word / powerpoint / skype)
The following experiences are preferred:
- Experience in the Spirits and/or FMCG industry is a distinct advantage.
- Solid knowledge of Bacardi Business Partner/Shared Services/Centre of Expertise.
- Experience in a Shared Services environment preferred.
- Foreign language skills (English 70%, French, and Portuguese) preferred.
- Relevant education:
- University degree in Accounting/Business/Finance or related discipline, CA / CPA certification, MBA or advanced degree preferred.
LEADERSHIP EXCELLENCELiving our Values and demonstrating high Learning Agility will be fundamental not only for success in this role but also for potential growth to other roles across Bacardi in the future. We have a clearly defined Leadership Excellence framework, and you will be expected, as a Specialist/Professional to be a role model of all 6 elements: Focus Externally to Win / Drive Execution and Results / Lead Strategically and Know your Business / Make the Matrix Work / Lead by Example / Develop and Inspire Talent.
We share the passion and entrepreneurial flair of our founder and are guided by our three culture pillars - Fearless, Family and Founders, they inspire our Primos to be the best they can be and drive us forward in all we do. But what does this mean?
· Being Fearless; means adopting an agile mindset, being comfortable trying new things and taking risks. We are empowered to question, challenge and innovate.
· Family; We treat each other, and our communities, like Family. Always.
· Founders; The spirit of entrepreneurship is at the heart of everything we do. We see the business as if it's our own. We do the right thing for the business and we all take accountability for our work.
When you join Bacardi, you become part of our family and gain more than just a job.