This well-established, high street Food Retailer is looking for a Senior Buyer for their Grocery Category.
This business has over 600 retail stores and over 15,000 employers and are growing a number of different footprint stores in the UK and internationally.
You will be part of a growing, dynamic buying team with a highly influential buying and marketing power & a brand that is associated with sustainable and financial growth.
This position will be about driving the grocery category forward and be very involved in the supplier relationship to be involved in their branded and own-label products within their category.
The roles and responsibilities of this Senior Buyer position-
* Drive sales and profit in line with operating plan budgets
* Select suppliers for tender in conjunction for strategic plan for the category
* To develop, implement, and review the trading plan
* Assess supplier market knowledge and competitor analysis
* NPD Development and support across their own-label categories
* To work through effective range strategies to optimise selling formats
* Set clear range and price architecture
* Set effective promotional and marketing plan in line with Group plan
* Drive efficiency improvements with supply base
* Compliance with the financial control process for supplier contributions
* Looking at budgets and P&L and looking at ways to reduce costs, wastage and lead times
* Increase profit generated - Sales, Margin & Income
* oversee supply, ensure continuity and product availability.
* Plan & forecast for promotional programme with the merchandising & demand planning team
* Regularly meet and align with key suppliers on long term vision to secure new products and ranges
To be successful in the Senior Buyer position you must have -
* Buyer, Senior Buyer, Buying Manager or Category Manager with similar retail food retailer
* The salary range is reflective of the level of experience the sucessful candidate has
* Graduate calibre
* Track record of negotiations with suppliers
* Strong stakeholder management experience
* Has dealt with own label experience
* Commercial acumen and negotiation skills
* Strong decision-making principles
* Strong communication and influencing skills
* This will suit a candidate who can work quite autonomously and fits a matrix model
* Can manage several projects simultaneously
* Exceptional eye for detail and accuracy - Excellent communication at all levels.
Benefits that are included in this Senior Buyer position -
* company car
* free parking
* relocation package (if not local to the area!)
* 25 days holiday
If you feel that this opportunity sounds like you and you have the relevant experience please send your cv quoting the reference JO-142
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.