About the role
For more than 25 years The Patrón Spirits Company (PSC) has created the world's #1 ultra-premium tequila, using timeless techniques to ensure every drop is the very best. Our product is more than something to drink; it's a memento of a simply perfect moment. From weddings to work promotions, each handcrafted bottle is an original reminder of something or someone worth celebrating. Patrón provides the perfect opportunity to capture, craft and share these experiences worldwide.
We're looking for the very best innovative talent to join our sales team as the Retail Account Manager - Chicago.
Responsible for building relationships with top on-premise and/or retail accounts, training bar & wait staff on product offerings, and assisting with the evaluation, implementation and execution of programs within brand strategies at assigned accounts
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Ride with State Managers, Market Manager and distributor sales representatives weekly, providing the opportunity to assist State Managers and Market Managers representation of the Patrón Spirits portfolio, and observe market activity.
- Assist with meetings of key on -premise and/or retail accounts within the assigned area to develop strong working relationships. Present Patrón brands and work toward achieving increased volumes.
- Responsible for sales objectives, including basic account management, new distribution, drink features and program development & execution.
- Be visible at key local events and participate where the opportunity fits our strategy, including the execution of national initiatives in the local market.
- Actively participate in promotions and events, which often occur in the evenings or on weekends.
- Stay informed of customer and consumer trends; develop programs to capitalize on such trends.
- Provide bi-weekly market activity report to supervisor to include list of objectives, accomplishments, competitive activities, special projects and/or any needs.
- Provide market and competitive brand updates to supervisor to include timely and accurate communication of changing field conditions that may affect volumes as well as staffing changes at distributors and competitors.
- Provide feedback on marketing effectiveness and sales initiatives for programs, POS, advertising, etc.
- Complete special projects, such as verifying pricing and/or distribution at on- or off-premise accounts.
- Participate in out-of-market sales blitzes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
Work with moderate supervision, exercising discretion and independent judgment. Primary duties are assisting the management within the designated area sales of The Patrón Spirits Company.
Undergraduate BA/BS Degree. Up to 3 years of experience in sales, marketing or related field preferred. Position also requires knowledge of principles and process for providing exceptional customer service.
- Computer proficiency required in MS Office Products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; ability to use advanced computer functions, including navigating the Internet.
- Ability to conduct oneself in an ethical and professional manner with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with executives, employees, vendors and customers (both internal and external) at all levels of the organization, in person, via telephone and email or other written correspondence.
- Ability to read and write in English with knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar. Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Ability to analyze available information for the purposes of preparing reports, coordinating efforts and solving problems.
- Possession of exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and sit, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls (5-6+ hours per day); reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds and infrequently lift or move up to 50 pounds.
The employee is required to possess visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading, visual inspection and general observations.
The working environment is basically an indoor climate-controlled environment. The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office or administrative work).
Based in Chicago, IL and reporting to the Area/State Manager, the position of Retail Account Manager is an exciting opportunity to join a world-class organization. We are on the hunt for an extremely creative and strategic individual. If you are that person, we want to hear from you. Ask yourself - are you #patronworthy?
We share the passion and entrepreneurial flair of our founder and are guided by our three culture pillars - Fearless, Family and Founders, they inspire our Primos to be the best they can be and drive us forward in all we do. But what does this mean?
· Being Fearless; means adopting an agile mindset, being comfortable trying new things and taking risks. We are empowered to question, challenge and innovate.
· Family; We treat each other, and our communities, like Family. Always.
· Founders; The spirit of entrepreneurship is at the heart of everything we do. We see the business as if it's our own. We do the right thing for the business and we all take accountability for our work.
When you join Bacardi, you become part of our family and gain more than just a job.