Job Title: Business Development Manager: On-Trade Drinks Sector
(South West London, Home Counties)
Reporting to: Sales Director
Location: Home based with team meetings at our Maidenhead offices.
Hours of work: 40 hours, weekdays. Flexible to work occasional evenings as and when to attend customer/trade events.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Established in 1993, independently owned and family run, the leading drinks distributor supplying the on-trade in Berkshire and surrounding area. A nominated “partner” wholesaler to the brewers and brands across all of the drinks categories, with a diverse portfolio of over 3000 products into 600 accounts. Boasting an impressive spirits range and extensive on-trade only wine portfolio, some own label and many regionally exclusive. We have ambitious growth plans for 2020 and with this in mind, we are seeking New Business Development Managers to drive growth, with a particular focus on premium outlets.
THE PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Working with the sales director, you will be responsible for devising and implementing a sales strategy to drive new business and sales growth in both existing and greenfield territories.
• Prospect the territory, building up a profile of existing competition and brands, gathering trade data for marketing purposes.
• Update CRM with prospect and customer information.
• Provide regular call reports, sharing gains, potentials and work in progress.
• Effective and efficient planning to develop new accounts
• Open new accounts, maintain and maximize sales and profitability.
• Develop and sustain solid relationships with customers to encourage long-term business.
• Develop a full understanding of our products and make suitable recommendations to achieve maximum sales potential in accounts. (Only a general understanding of wine is required as we have a dedicated wine development specialists)
• With a high level of brand support, work closely with preferred partners in trade to mutually grow volumes and execute promotional activity.
• Maintain commercial awareness by identifying opportunities, threats and risks.
• Prepare price files in Excel for loading by the sales office team.
• Utilise social media to drive company, brand and customer awareness.
• To continually meet and exceed set sales targets
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• You will ideally be based within the territory and have a successful track record in the on-trade wholesale market or previous sales experience within an FMCG or equivalent company, with over achieving sales targets and a can-do attitude.
• Have the determination, commercial ability and personality to negotiate with customers at all levels.
• Ability to self-motivate and forward plan.
• Microsoft Office to intermediate level, in particular Excel/Outlook skills.
• To fully appreciate the importance of social media, utilising forums to increase trade.
• CRM experience.
• Driving licence.
• Competitive salary and commission structure.
• Generous car allowance, company laptop and phone.
• Additional brand incentives for installation and placement.
• Friendly and flexible working environment.
• Generous staff discount on beers, wines, spirits and soft drinks.
• All the benefits working for a SME.
Sales Office: ONE • St. Peter’s Road • Maidenhead • Berkshire • SL6 7QU
Distribution: Hyde Farm • Marlow Road • Maidenhead • Berkshire • SL6 6PQ
Phone: 01628 634535