Seven Criminal Justice are looking for an Alcohol Detox Nurse to fill an exclusive opportunity within a leading addictions service in Windsor & Maidenhead.
As directed by the Lead Nurse, the post-holder will be an integral member of a multidisciplinary team offering specialist clinical interventions to a cohort of service users at the above named service.
* Undertake Health and Wellbeing assessments for all opiate service users and users of other drugs when indicated by clinical need.
* Undertake Nurse Alcohol Assessments for all alcohol service users as indicated by policy, using results to determine safe detoxification as required.
* Provide titration for opiate service users as part of the health and wellbeing clinics to ensure the service user achieves an optimum dose of OST. This process is supported by good communication to other team members, including community pharmacists.
* Provide screening for blood borne viruses (BBV), through dry blood spot testing.
* Work within and consolidate integrated care and treatment pathways for individuals who are identified as being infected with BBV/s (Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and/or HIV).
* Following health and wellbeing assessments ensure appropriate sign posting to primary care or referral to appropriate secondary health care services for identified health issues.
* Undertake community alcohol detoxification either at the service or at the service user's home.
* Support Opiate detoxification in the community.
* Undertake phlebotomy, as required, ensuring adherence to identified pathways for blood sample labelling, collection, obtaining results and signposting.
* Use blood results to support the assessment the current health status of service users, the need for specialist medical referral and the suitability for community detoxification.
* Where indicated, refer for specialist inpatient services (including detoxification) and liaise with hospital and inpatient unit staff.
* To contribute to Naloxone Strategy by training staff and service users in the use of Naloxone. Ensuring Naloxone is distributed to service users at every opportunity.
* Offer wound care assessment and basic wound dressing to service users. Organise signposting to other services as required, and ensure clear pathways into other treatment arenas as appropriate.
* Utilise psychosocial intervention including Integrated Test and Evaluation Plans (ITEP), in both one-to-one and group settings to promote engagement in treatment services and ownership of recovery planning. Applicant Requirements:
* Qualifications: First level registered nurse with recent relevant post qualification (RMN or RGN)
* Experience: Experience in Substance Misuse
* Compliance: NMC Pin
* Hours: Full time
* Salary: £32,567 - £38,568 Working with Criminal Justice:
Established in 2011, Seven Criminal Justice is a leading provider of Healthcare professionals to public and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of Healthcare; including Doctors, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Podiatrists, Paediatric Audiologists and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you're not the perfect match for this role, but you know a medic who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Criminal Justice. As a little 'thank you' from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive medical jobs across the UK, please visit our website by searching 'Seven Criminal Justice' on Google, or call .