All Terms of Business are with Fluid Fusion Ltd (owner of Liquid Careers), a Private Limited Company registered for England and Wales with Company Number: 7031017
Your use of Our Website is acceptance of its terms of business. For any queries concerning job posting, job searching or site functionality please contact us on + (44) 0333 772 0838.
In these terms and conditions:
- “Agreement” means the list of Services to which both Client and Company have agreed shall be provided to the Client by the Company, in return for payment;
- “Candidate” means a generic term for any person registering their details on our Website for the purpose of finding a job at any point in the current or future;
- “Candidate Database” means the collection of people who at one time or another register with the Website for purposes of finding a job through it;
- “Client” means any person, company, organisation or firm that purchases Services from the Company;
- “Company” means Fluid Fusion Ltd and any subsidiary, partner or relation to the business, but specifically relating to the Website;
- “Contract Term” means the full term specified in the Proposal Form;
- “Job” or “Job Advert” (or other such connotations) refers to a vacancy advertised by the Client;
- “Recruitment Advertising” means a term used to describe the advertising of a specific job vacancy pertinent to the Client, via the Website;
- “Proposal Form” means an order for Services on a form provided by the Company (in any format) and signed by a Client;
- “Services” means all recruitment advertising products and services made available by the Company via its Website;
- “Website” means http://www.liquidcareers.com/ and any subdomains such as the Liquid Lounge blog, http://blog.liquidcareers.com.
In the context of these Terms of Business Liquid Careers (wholly-owned by Fluid Fusion Ltd) is a digital recruitment advertising career platform specific to the drinks industry, where Candidates/Jobseekers apply to jobs posted by Clients.
Commencement of Services
The Company shall not commence the provision of Services pursuant to any Proposal Form until the Proposal Form has been verified, signed and returned to the Company. Returns are accepted via electronic mail or the postal system.
Prices are guaranteed for the period stated on the Proposal Form or any other such documentation. Prices are confidential and may not be disclosed by the Client.
- A job posted on the Website will remain live for 28 days or such shorter time as may be agreed with the Client;
- Any extension of this time may be charged to the Client as a new posting;
- A single job is identified by its unique ID number;
- If a Client deletes a job and then either reposts it or posts another, this will be classed as an additional posting and will be charged accordingly.
Payment of Services
- All advertised Services prices exclude VAT;
- Services are to be paid for via the online payment gateway (WorldPay), BACS/CHAPS unless otherwise agreed between the Client and the Company;
- Unless payment for Services is taken via online transaction an invoice and/or statement shall be issued to the Client, against which payment is due;
- Late payment for Services is liable to attract interest, accruing at a rate of 10% above HSBC Bank Plc’s base rate at the time;
- Payment of Services is to be made in accordance with the details outlined before engagement.
The agreement is based on either a fixed-term or rolling contract.
Fixed-term contracts cannot be terminated prior to the end date of the Contract Term.
A rolling contract has no defined end date unless otherwise agreed by both parties. Either party may terminate the rolling agreement without cause on 60 days written notice to the other party.
The Agreement can be terminated immediately by either party in the event:
- The other party is in material breach of these Terms and Conditions and, following a period of ten days, has not remedied such breach;
- Either party becomes insolvent, ceases to trade or enters into liquidation.
Termination of the Agreement by the Client before the end of the Contract Term may, at the Company’s discretion, result in loss of discounts agreed for the entire Contract Term.
For online payments: Given that the service we offer is immediate, once an online payment has been made Liquid Careers cannot accept cancellation of the purchased job credit(s) and no refund will be provided.
Limitation of Liability
Either party's total liability to the other party in respect of all claims, demands or proceedings under this Agreement whether in contract, in tort, for negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise or under any indemnity except for death or personal injury caused by a party's negligence or in respect of any loss or damage for which liability cannot be excluded or limited at law, is limited to the total amount paid to the Company during the Contract Term for such Services, or £5,000, whichever is the greater, and shall be reduced proportionally to the extent that any act or omission of the other party caused or contributed to the loss.
Neither party shall be liable for any indirect, punitive, special or consequential damages or loss (including, but not limited to, loss of revenue (actual or anticipated), loss of business or goodwill, loss of use or operation, anticipated savings and/or any claims made under third party contracts) howsoever arising under this Agreement.
Where one party (the “Indemnifying Party”) becomes liable to the other party (the “Indemnified Party”) under the provisions of this Agreement, the Indemnified Party agrees to; (a) use all reasonable efforts to minimise any amounts claimed by the Indemnified Party under any indemnities and/or liabilities; (b) promptly notify the Indemnifying Party in writing of any matter which may result in a claim under any such indemnities and/or liabilities; (c) make no admission nor make any statement which may prejudice the defence of such matter (the subject of the indemnity); (d) give the Indemnifying Party sole conduct and control of such matter (and any related settlement negotiations); and (e) give the Indemnifying Party full assistance and co-operation in the defence of such claim.
There are rules regarding the content and format of jobs posted on the Website. Their purpose is to ensure that visitors who search the Website receive results which are presented as clearly and informatively as possible.
The Client agrees that the Company may, at its discretion and without liability to the Client, remove from the Website any advertisement which is posted in breach of these rules. The rules may change from time-to-time.
The Rules are:
- No duplication of jobs at the expense of other clients' jobs;
- No gratuitous use of keywords in job descriptions or job titles. Gratuitous means deliberately inserting words, strings of words, or repeating job titles, with the intention of influencing position in the results listing, or increasing the number of page views;
- Job advertisements placed on the Website must be for genuine vacancies only, and not for other products or services, either relating to or unrelated to recruitment including, but not limited to, affiliate schemes, pyramid selling schemes or any other so called “business opportunity”;
- URLs or email links (live or text only) are not permitted in the body copy of the job description page. Email links are permitted from the “send an email” link and URL linking is permitted from the “apply online” link;
- Advertisements which appear to discriminate on grounds of sex, race or disability are illegal and may result in proceedings being taken against both the advertiser and the publisher. The client is ultimately responsible for the job advert and the wording therein. We shall remove a job advert which appears to discriminate and the advert will not be re-posted until such advert is amended by the Client.
- No posting multiple jobs in the same job advert unless for exactly the same job, but multiple territories e.g. National Account Manager – Sheffield, Leeds and London.
- Liquid Careers is a niche drinks industry job board. We shall not permit job postings or adverts for jobs that are not in or relevant to the drinks industry. We shall remove any job posting that is not deemed by Fluid Fusion as a job within or related to the drinks industry. The client will still be liable to pay for the full 28 days. If a client has paid upfront or is invoiced no refund will be given.
Responses to Advertisements
The Client agrees to deal fairly and professionally with individuals who may respond to a Client’s advertisement and not do anything which may bring the Company and Website into disrepute. The Client shall indemnify the Company from and against any claim brought by an individual against the Company arising from the Client’s breach of this obligation or any other of these terms and conditions, subject always to the limitations set out in the clause entitles “Limitation on Liability”.
The Company does not guarantee any response to the Client’s advertisement or that responses will be from individuals suitable for the job advertised. It is the responsibility of the Client to carry out such checks and procedures as are necessary to ensure that candidates are suitable for the job advertised and have the required qualifications and personal characteristics. The Client is responsible for all content.
It is the Client’s responsibility to ensure that it has the appropriate equipment and is connected to the appropriate services to enable it to post jobs to the Website.
Content & Links
If the Client’s advertisement links to another site via the Company’s external apply online option, the Client is responsible for maintaining the links and for the content of your advertisement and the linked site. The Company may remove from the Website any advertisement which contains content or links to a site which, in its opinion, is defamatory, illegal or objectionable or will bring the Website into disrepute. The Client shall indemnify the Company from and against any claims or liability arising from content or links contained in its advertisements.
The Client will be advised if any Vacancies posted by the Client to the Website are to be re-posted on any third-party websites. When Vacancies are posted to the third-party website, any such Vacancy will be controlled by the Client and be deleted or edited automatically and simultaneously when these actions are performed to the original Vacancy posting.
Third-Party Sites, Social Media and Newsletter
For any job posted on Liquid Careers, the Client accepts that Jobs can or will be shared across Third Party websites,social media e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter etc. and via the Fluid Fusion newsletter at the Company’s discretion in order to increase applications. This can be paid promotion by the Client or at the Company’s discretion.
The Company Candidate Database
Rights in the database
Database rights and all other applicable copyright and intellectual property rights in the Candidate Database belong to the Company. The Client acknowledges that it does not acquire any rights in the database or its content and that its retention and use of the database and its content is governed by these terms and conditions.
The use of the database
The material the Client is entitled to receive from the Candidate Database is determined by the product you have purchased from the Company.
On receipt of this material the Client may:
- Use, search or download it to its database for the purpose of finding suitable candidates for specific job vacancies that the Client or (in the case of an employment agency or employment business), its Client wish to fill;
- Use the information about the individuals contained in the database for the purpose of contacting them (either directly or through the Website depending on the product have purchased) in relation to a specific job vacancy;
- Use the information only in connection with the Client’s own recruitment-related activities.
The Client may NOT:
- Supply, sell or license material from the candidate database, or a copy of it, to any other person, including another member of any Client group of companies;
- Download the database through any automated (e.g. "scraping") process;
- Contact the individuals on the database or make or allow any use of the information about those individuals, other than for the purpose of finding suitable candidates for specific job vacancies;
The Client must, at all times, comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and all subsequent legislation and regulations.
Dealings with Candidates
The Client agrees to deal fairly and professionally with individuals it may contact using information from the candidate database and not do anything which may bring the Company or Website into disrepute. The Client is solely responsible for all acknowledgements to the Candidate on receipt of a job application. The Client shall indemnify the Company from and against any claim brought by an individual against the Company arising from the Client’s breach of this obligation or any other of these terms and conditions, subject always to the limitations set out in the clause entitled “Limitation on Liability”.
Passwords are for the sole use of the person to whom they are issued. The Company may deny access to a password if it reasonably believes that it is being used by an unauthorised person or that the user is breaching these terms and conditions.